Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Velvet
Velvet Trilogy #1
Temple West
Genre: YA Paranormal
First rule of dealing with hot vampire bodyguards? Don't fall in love.

After losing both her parents before age seventeen, aspiring designer Caitlin Holte feels like her whole world has been turned upside down, and that was before the terrifying encounter with a supernatural force. Then, she learns that her hot bad-boy neighbor, Adrian—who might have just saved her life—is actually a half-demon vampire.

Suddenly Caitlin is stuck with a vampire bodyguard who feels that the best way to protect her is to become her pretend boyfriend. Trouble is, Caitlin is starting to fall in love for real, while Adrian can never love a human. Caitlin trusts Adrian to keep her safe from his demon father, but will he be able to protect her heart?

There is something Twilight-ish about all this, I thought as I read the first few chapters of Velvet. I wrinkled my face and prepared to drop the book if I don't see any redeeming qualities. Actually, that feeling didn't leave me all the way until I finished the book. However, even if I actually can compare it and find similarities, the fact that I finished reading this meant that I liked it.

Because Caitlin had real spine, wasn't pathetic and hell! just the fact that she had ambition endeared her to me. She didn't neglect her friends and her family.

Because Adrian was really sweet and adorable and not creepy.

Because their relationship was easy and soft. Their conversations were not boring and sappy.

I actually thought that Adrian's father's going after Caitlin was just a flimsy excuse of a plot point to get our two MCs together. I mean, like Adrian's brothers and sister said, there wasn't anything remarkable about Caitlin if we're going along the standards of how their demon father was choosing his... bedmates. No, erase that. There is a reason why Caitlin was targeted and Adrian's father hinted about it. Probably a loophole so that our two adorable nerds could get over the human vs. vampire thing and have their HEA.

Because Lucian, while odd and somewhat scary, was being cute.

There were ridiculous things and moments but, really, I just want to read the sequel.


Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]