Welcome to Whatever You Can Still Betray
About the Blog
Whatever You Can Still Betray was founded in June 2010.
- fiction books, both in Young Adult and Adult categories. I mainly share the books that I love and I
sometimes fangirlwrite reviews about the books that I read. I also introduce and feature books that are up-and-coming.
- anime and manga that I happen to love.
- movies that I have seen in theaters or in DVDs though this would be far-between since I do not go to the theater much. Furthermore, I post about TV series that I am gaga about - these TV series are usually Asian ones, particularly Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
- random things, people, causes and events that I feel passionate about - this blog is, after all, entitled "whatever you can still betray".
Now you know a little bit about this blog. And oh! In case you are wondering, I got my title from one of John LeCarre's quotes: "Love is whatever you can still betray".
1. My mom named me Myrtle way before JKR named a ghost in a second-floor girls bathroom in a magical school.
2. I currently live in Thedas and am in Solas (that apostate hobo elf) hell.
3. I was a Ravenclaw when I was first sorted in Pottermore. I was re-sorted to Gryffindor in the relaunch. I identify as a Slytherclaw.
4. I am from the third largest island in the Philippines.
5. I read mostly fantasy and paranormal; but I won't say no to mysteries, horror/ghost stories, historical fiction and contemporaries.
6. I wanted to be an archaeologist, Lara Croft style. Alas, my university didn't have an undergraduate program and mom said it wasn't very practical. I went on to study tourism, business management and the northeast Asian region.
7. I am a chocoholic.
8. Don't be misled by my Goodreads reading count. Aside from books, I read countless articles (magazine, newspapers, academic, science, entertainment), Tumblr meta, theories and AUs, and, the bulk, FANFICTION.
9. Speaking of which, I got the courage to post a fanfiction on AO3 and fanfiction.net.
10. I love dogs.
I love to connect with fellow readers and bloggers thru social media.