Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Half-Blood
Covenant #1
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: YA Paranormal
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
I've been rereading a lot of things lately since I'm trying to completely read the entire series.

I loved this before. I don't know why but I did. However, I don't love this now particularly when I was thinking about Vampire Academy while I was reading this. I couldn't help it. 

Furthermore, I'm not into Aiden as I was before. I know I've said that I have this tendency to immediately attach myself to the first love interest but here all I could think of was Dimitrri Belikov... not the book one but the movie version and I really don't like that incarnation... I don't like how he looked. So I had this face of Danila Kovlovsky and even though I know Aiden doesn't look like this I could help it since I've had Vampire Academy superimposed to what I was reading. And I also didn't like Aiden and Alex's romance at all.

I am now Team Seth. I like him very much and because the potential for the plot when it's centered between two Apollyons whose union could be potentially fatal is more interesting than a union between a pureblood and a half-blood, because the pureblood/half-blood issue is a done deal and was used before. But I know somewhere along the line of books that Seth's going to turn evil or something - his lust for power and want to change order. Dammit, I want him to be with Alex.

I really hate love triangles.
Series reading update:

I skipped Pure and proceeded to read Deity. Turns out I didn't miss much because this series is kind of slow[?] 

In every book there has to be a villain. In every book there has to be a love interest. Not in every book there's a love triangle and if there was then some things should be that would identify which person is really the one for the main character. There are many ways to do that and here in The Covenant series, the other love interest is led astray and believed a villain while the other is that faithful, ever-loving, on-a-pedestal, ultimate love.

I guess I am still smarting over Seth and his being as he is here. It's probably the reason why it took me ages to finish this book and why I am reluctant to continue with books four and five.
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]