Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Challenges
I participated in challenges? I did? *checks blog* Oh. I participated in challenges. Surprise! I had three challenges on-going until the end of the year but I suppose I could write my wrap-up post regarding this particular venture three days before. Apparently, I couldn't update the challenges anymore. I mean, I haven't checked my progress in any of these challenges since two months ago. Bad challenger.
The first challenge is the 2013 A-Z Reading Challenge is hosted by Escape with Dollycas Into a Good Book. I had to make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as I go along, add the books I'm reading to the list. Towards the end of the year, I can check and see which letters I am missing and find books to fit.
As you can see, I did rather well. I checked my books-read-list and the most of the titles of the books I read begin with the letter C. J, Q, V, X and Z titles were rather difficult to find. I even scoured my TBR pile and I had none. That goes for an N title I guess.
Next up, is the Book to Movie Challenge hosted by Katie of Doing Dewey. The mission was to review books and the movies which they’ve been made into.

Movie Fan - read 3 books and watch their movies
Movie Devotee - read 6 books and watch their movies
Movie Lover - read 9 books and watch their movies
Movie Aficionado - read 12 books and watch their movies
Yeah... This was a big Bwahahahahahaha. I mean, look:
  • The Hobbit - Review
  • Beautiful Creatures - Review
  • The Host - Review
  • Catching Fire
  • Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Review
  • Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Actually, The Hobbit should have been split into two: An Unexpected Journey and Desolation of Smaug since AUJ was screened in our country in January of this year and I've watched DoS two weeks ago. About the DoS review, I'm planning to post my review this coming month. I've got a lot to say about it. Actually, I've got a lot to say about Tauriel and Kili. It's not bad though. I was just surprised and I'm not really that particular anymore of book-to-movie adaptations given my experience of them. 

Of the six movies mentioned, I've only read four books prior to the movies. I've read Beautiful Creatures after watching the movie and I did see a lot of changes. A lot. As to The Host, I've said in my review that I won't read the book despite people telling me that it's not as bad as it would given the reputation of its sister series. 

And last but not the list is the Goodreads Reading Challenge! *clap*clap*clap* Which I've done admirably, if I do say so myself. I challenged myself to read a hundred books this year as I do annually since this blog's inception. I was quite voracious in the early part of the year. I mean I was taking my comprehensive exams this year to finally earn my master's degree and I was reading books when I was supposed to be studying. Pfffttt. Don't worry, I passed with flying colors.

As I was approaching my mark, I increased my goal to 110. But I soon passed that and I increased it to 125. But then, I'm a sad little monkey who had no life whatsoever this year and bummed around that I drove by that goal quite fast what with the month with no electricity to power anything electronic (thanks a lot, typhoon Haiyan).
By the way, should I count fanfiction in this challenge? I mean, I've read a lot of them and there were lengthy ones. No? Whyyyyy? 
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]