Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by  April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday. 
Here are the rules:
1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below, grab the button and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 

---
THE BOOK I COMMITTED TO READ:
Cascade
second book in the River of Time series
by Lisa Tawn Bergren
in my pile since August 2011

I know! I'm horrible! I haven't finish it yet. Busy, busy, busy with muggle school. I will finish it this weekend although I'm not sure if I'd go and read the third book immediately. I may read other books. It'll be grand.



THE BOOK I COMMIT TO READ THIS WEEK:
Juliet Immortal
by Stacey Jay
in my pile since August 2011

Synopsis from Goodreads:

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume."
—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.
---
Romeo murdered Juliet!?! Whut!?! I did not see that coming. My book choice this week was influenced by the fact that the last thing I watched last night was Letters to Juliet and the first film I saw on TV this morning was, you guessed it, Letters to Juliet. So Giulietta's name was floating around in my brain the whole morning while I cleaned the space and of course when I scanned my TBR, Juliet in red popped.
Photobucket



6 comments:

  1. Ah... I so wanted to check out Juliet Immortal! I really want to see what you think of it. The plot sounds very intriguing and original, so I hope you'll enjoy it.

    Happy reading!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you want to read Juliet Immortal!!!
    I loved it! but if you love Romeo and Juliet it could be a little disappointed, it was for me at first, but then I enjoyed it!
    Good luck with Cascade, too.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you think about Juliet Immortal. It's one I keep putting off. Good luck!

    ~Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Juliet Immortal on my wishlist and that story sounds good. Hope you like it.

    And good luck finishing Cascade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot about Juliet Immortal and I really want to read that one as well. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard of your book for next week--but I am interested to read your review. It does seem to be an interesting take on the traditional Romeo and Juliet story.

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/01/tbr-intervention-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]