Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

We are a quarter into the year and I've already watched some of the movies I've been looking forward to this year. And of the three movies I've watched so far, every single one of them disappointed me. 

The 5th Wave came up short - really short; while Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was well you can read my review. I laughed my ass off when I watched Gods of Egypt especially when Gerard Butler was having a monologue. I actually shouted THIS IS SPARTA!

I should have known not to expect much from movies since trailers are really notorious at misguiding you.

However, it's only been a quarter, we have nine more months to go and many more movies to choose from. Here are the Top Twelve Movies I'm Still Looking Forward To in no particular order.

1. The Jungle Book
There was a film back in 1998, still by Disney, chronicling Mowgli's story from childhood with humans to his teenage years. I haven't watched it and I don't plan to. But this here...It's about time that they made a sort-of live action movie. 

2. The Huntsman: Winter's War
I know I panned the first movie in a sentence-outline review. The only elements I liked in that movie was the cinematography and Charlize Theron. It was admirable to put a spin on a reimagining of the story of Snow White, it's just uuuugggghhh. And I really don't like Kirsten Stewart's acting.

Having said that, I do adore movies that explore background stories. Winter's War is going beyond the fairy tale.

3.Captain America: Civil War
We all love Steve Rogers. We all love Bucky. We all love the bromance...? of Cap and Bucky. But I am also behind the straightforward, common sense, logical thinking of Team Iron Man. Everyone has chosen their sides by now. Me? I think that Marvel would drop that big horsebomb that a third party was just playing the two sides against each other. And no, I haven't read the comics.

4. Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Thenadiers reunite! Now as the Red Queen and Time. And of course, Alan Rickman 😭😭😭  voices Absolem.

5. X-Men Apocalypse
Seeing the young original X-Men team and their costumes brings to mind the cartoon series of the 90s. It's been 20 years since I've seen Jubilation Lee onscreen.

6. Me Before You
I don't usually watch romance/drama movies in the theater. I want the privacy of my room where I could snort myself at cheesy scenes, swoon at the truly touching romantic parts or cry my eyes out without the spectacle of me completely breaking down in private. It's really a toss-up on whether I would watch it at the theater, preferably with a friend, or just wait for the DVD.

7. Finding Dory
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. After this, there would be Finding Nigel.

8. Smaragdgrün
This is the third film in the Ruby Red trilogy, based on the book series of the same name by Kerstin Gier. I haven't found any trailer for Emerald Green yet so here's the trailer for the first movie. The movie comes out on July.

9. Independence Day: Resurgence
I remember watching Independence Day in conjunction with Mars Attacks when I was child. It resulted in confusion and me thinking that they were one film. LOLOLOLOL. Then, my uncle bought an Independence day tape and I've rewatched it over and over.
10. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
It's so odd and special and unique that I LOVE IT! I haven't read the book yet. I am reserving that time for after the movie. It's a good habit to have. If you are able, watch the movie first before the book if you haven't read the book yet. There's a danger of you not liking the movie and, in consequence, you're turned off from the book BUT really, I watched The Lord of the Rings first before gobbling up the books.
11. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
It may not be the book about the Marauders I desperately want, but it's a really good day when some bit of Potter lore comes out and the whole Potterworld is in a frenzy. Let alone a whole new movie.
~O~
It's a good year for movies just as 2015 was. What are the movies you're looking forward to? Are you watching them alone or do you want to have a buddy to gossip with? Popcorn or hotdog? Do you absolutely hate people who turn their phone lights on?
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]