Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Welcome to the TBR Intervention Challenge!
TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by  April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray

For information on why and how it was started and information on how to participate, please visit the TBRIC page

THE BOOK I COMMITTED TO READ:

I actually finished Wildwing last Saturday. Or was it Sunday? *thinking* Ah, in the wee hours of the morning on last Sunday. It was somewhat okay and I rate it 3/5 apples. The story was all right in pacing, but the characters and some details were not really developed and the ending was somewhat hurried or some sort. See my review here.

Then, in-between trips to get my eligibility certificate and attending the wedding of my former roommate, I managed to read two contemporaries: The Accidental Movie Star by Emily Evans and A Girl Named Digit by Annabel Monaghan. Bothe were good reads but I thoroughly enjoyed The Accidental Movie Star and rate it a 5/5 apples. I know its plot was used before but I can't help but find it appealing. I've also read another story with a plot that's somewhat similar to A Girl Named Digit but not with the lead male character as an FBI agent. See my review here.

THE BOOK I COMMIT TO READ THIS WEEK:

Ahem. I haven't read Sputnik Sweetheart yet... and the reflection paper and presentation is this Thursday! *cringes* What? It really does not appeal to me. But I will persevere and read it tomorrow. I mean it! 

Anyway for my TBRIC book this week, I choose:

Every Other Day
Jennifer Lynn Barnes
in my pile since December 2011
Every other day, Kali D'Angelo is a normal sixteen-year-old girl. She goes to public high school. She attends pep rallies. She's human.

And then every day in between . . .She's something else entirely.
Though she still looks like herself, every twenty-four hours predatory instincts take over and Kali becomes a feared demon-hunter with the undeniable urge to hunt, trap, and kill zombies, hellhounds, and other supernatural creatures. Kali has no idea why she is the way she is, but she gives in to instinct anyway. Even though the government considers it environmental terrorism.
When Kali notices a mark on the lower back of a popular girl at school, she knows instantly that the girl is marked for death by one of these creatures. Kali has twenty-four hours to save her and, unfortunately, she'll have to do it as a human. With the help of a few new friends, Kali takes a risk that her human body might not survive. . .and learns the secrets of her mysterious condition in the process.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yay! you seem to have a nice week, so glad for you!
    I read your review for A girl named digit, it sounds good for me, I'll be looking forward to read it.
    Hope you enjoy Every other day, that book called my attention some months ago.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love contemporaries! I'm glad that you enjoyed your books though Wildwing only got 3/5 rating. It wasn't bad at all then. Good luck with your new pick this week. I haven't heard of that book before. Hope you'll enjoy it! XO.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]