Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Welcome to the TBR Intervention Challenge!
TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by  April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray

For information on why and how it was started and information on how to participate, please visit the TBRIC page.

THE BOOK I COMMITTED TO READ:
Spellbound
by Cara Lynn Shultz
in my pile since June 2011

Well, I finished reading Spellbound and I liked it very much though I had reservations.  Spellbound introduced the love story but other subsequent events in the story begs for a more in-depth look and begs for a sequel.

Thank God there's Spellcaster.



THE BOOK I COMMIT TO READ THIS WEEK:  
The Poison Eaters and Other Stories
by Holly Black
in my pile since December 2010

Synopsis from Goodreads:


Pick your poison: Vampires, devils, werewolves, faeries, or . . . ? Find them all here in Holly Black’s amazing first collection.

In her debut collection, 
New York Times best-selling author Holly Black returns to the world of Tithe in two darkly exquisite new tales. Then Black takes readers on a tour of a faerie market and introduces a girl poisonous to the touch and another who challenges the devil to a competitive eating match. Some of these stories have been published in anthologies such as 21 Proms, The Faery Reel, and The Restless Dead, and many have been reprinted in many “Best of ” anthologies.

It was the height of my fangirling with Holly Black's The Modern Faerie Tales (Tithe, Valiant, Ironside) when I got this book.  Imagine my fangirl heart when I saw this. *sigh* Those books. Faeries. Those books.

I'll also try to read No Use for a Name by Penny Wright and Gypsy Knights by Two Brothers Metz.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So... was Spellbound THAT forgettable? lol

    Holly Black.Hmmm. I read the first two in her modern faerie tales, and I gotta say... not for me. Not a bit. I'm curious about The Curseworkers though. Maybe at some point I'll have to give Black another try... I mean, Spiderwick was decently good... though more for 5th graders. :)

    Good luck this week! :) Hope you enjoy it as much as you're expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Dany!
    I didn't know about The poison eaters. I love Holly Black!!
    Hope I can read it someday. Added to my list since today.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you've read and finished Spell Bound. Well, good luck with your books this week. Vacation time, right? Lots of reading time! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]