Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. Grab a book, any book, and turn to page 56. Find a sentence that grabs you and post it either on your blog or on Instagram tagged with #Friday56.
This week I'm sharing quotes from The Courtship of Jo March by Trix Wilkins.
2%, Prologue

All the trouble started the day the second eldest March sister Jo met the boy next door, Theodore Laurence (known to Jo as Teddy, and Laurie to everyone else).
56%, Chapter 8

“Josephine, your pen does exactly what you would have it do – but I know you, and you would not be happy living with neither pen nor man who would do just that.”
Did I ever mention only a thousand times that I did not like it when Jo did not end up with Laurie? I love the books (Little Women, Little Men, Eight Cousins) except for that one fact. Ever since I first read it when I was a child, that was my one frustration.

I've read the reasons and their vehement justifications but... if they gave it time and more character development...

I would've accepted it if Laurie ended up with Beth and Beth did not die, but Amy? I imagined Amy with Fred Vaughn.

So, I've scoured fanfiction to ease my frustrations. 

Then, I found this book. 

I hope I like it.
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end the following Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.
This week's prompt is:
Do you NetGalley, Edelweiss, both, or neither?

I use NetGalley to scour for available advanced reads for reading and reviewing. It's been ages since I visited Edelweiss.

Ayanami Faerudo

10 comments:

  1. This is interesting! I've been wanting to (finally) read Little Woman before the film comes out, so I'll have to keep this one in mind too.

    My Friday Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I always wanted Jo with Laurie, too...or anyone but Amy. She was a despicable character. LOL.

    Here's mine: “BEFORE SHE KNEW HIM”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy this one. I think Jo should have ended up with Teddy too. This week I am spotlighting Geekerella by Ashley Poston. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love The Courtship of Jo March. I confess, I have never read Little Women. I have seen a couple of the movie versions. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the early reads on NG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been a while since I've read about these characters:)

    My Friday 56 from Outre

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the Book Blog Hop - I like to use both platforms, as they each have their strengths. But, I have to be careful when scouring both sites and follow my self-imposed rules when it comes to requesting frontlist or backlist titles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how these characters live on in the fan books.

    Thanks for playing along on Book Beginnings!

    Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]