Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.
---
My plane just landed around two hours ago. I spent the next hour chatting with my taxi driver wherein she taught me a few words in Arabic and Cantonese. All I retained from that conversation was the word "shoelace", the word to remember if one wants to say "what" and "why" in Arabic; and that Cantonese speakers use "lei" as opposed to "ni" for Mandarin speakers. She was very talkative that driver of mine, and she was one of the nicest ones I've ever had. Others just sit there sullenly and curse liberally when the traffic's bad.

Anyway, as you can see, my background and header has changed. This is only for this month, in honor of the first part of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie. I remember announcing quite late last month that I would be featuring some Harry Potter on the weekends. And the blog deco and posts are still on the planning stages.

On to my IMM
---

Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

I already read it and I loved, loved it! Truly, one of my unexpected favorites.

---

Banished by Sophie Littlefield
---
So, it is a new semester for me - my third as a graduate student. I hope this semester would be fun, exciting and enlightening not just in school but in other aspects of my life as well. And tomorrow I would endure the long lines of enrollment. *cringes* Better bring books to pass the time away.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]