Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Making a weekend feature on Harry Potter as a way to anticipate the coming movie is quite hard aside from having a dissection-discussion on the said subject. But I thought that there are already a thousand blogs, websites, articles and university courses dedicated to Harry Potter that I was at a loss in what I have to do. 


So I went and enlisted my buddy Beans, the rockin' author of the blog, Through the Dregs, to come and be a guest here on Whatever You Can Still Betray and answer some silly questions that this no-idea-what-she's-doing-girl (aka me) can think of at the moment.

---

Hey there 22-year-old person! How's the other side of the couch?

You mean the side where I'm not on? Cooler than this side I guess.

How and why did you become a blogger?

 I blog because I have no one to talk to. You see whenever I read what I've written, it's almost like I'm talking to someone else. The only downside is, we think too much alike.

Harry Potter will be premiering next week, and since forever, you are one of the avid fans of the series. Tell me about your first encounter with Harry Potter.

I was in Math Class, sophomore year in high school, and because I hated Math with such passion (still do) I wasn't listening to anything the teacher was saying but was instead letting my mind wander while scanning the room for anything interesting - that was when I saw a soft bound copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone resting beautifully on someone's desk. It was love at first sight, at least from my side.

And of course, I distinctly remember you having a crush on Daniel Radcliffe.... 

It was fun while it lasted. But I think it's not arrogant to say, that I've moved on.

JK Rowling revealed a lot on the last book (which was information overload for me) what was your reaction about Snape's lot?

I always thought Snape was an interesting character. Mysterious, dark and one you'd think would always have an ulterior motive in doing things. But I also thought Snape couldn't possibly be that bad, I mean not with all the exposure he was getting. I had a feeling JK Rowling loved Severus Snape, and she wanted everyone else to do too, or at least, to sympathize with him. 

Now, that the series is coming to an end, what are your thoughts?

I'm not really ready to let go just yet, but, I can say with all honesty that getting to know Harry Potter and everyone else had been a fun, fun adventure.

What are your expectations from the movie?

I expect it'll kick serious butt.

Favorite book in the series:


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Favorite movie in the series:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Favorite actor and actress in the series:
Favorite actor would be Alan Rickman, and for the actress, it's a close tie between Helena Bonham Carter and Evanna Lynch
Favorite Scene:
The Mirror of Erised scene

Quotable Quote:
"Oh, well... I'd just been thinking... if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet." - Moaning Myrtle

What to expect from The Couch Surfer?

I could only hope for more couch surfing in the future, I guess.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Bottom Ad [Post Page]