Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

After posting my answer for my first Booking Through Thursday question, I browsed around the official BTT site and found a set of questions that I could not resist. This set of questions was posted under the post title"Meme of Reading Questions" last August 19, 2010.
---

1. Favorite childhood book?

Little Women

2. What are you reading right now?

Cold Magic by Kate Elliott and The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

3. What books do you have on request at the library?

None.

4. Bad book habit?

Skipping to the end of the book to know if the hero and the heroine end up together. I don't want to be disappointed.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?

None.

6. Do you have an e-reader?

Does an IPAD count?

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?

Several at once.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?

No. It is the same as always: shutting myself inside my room, reading several books at once, finishing a book under four hours, shouting at random moments as I read an emotional moment or if a character is being stupid, and glaring at anyone who dares disturb me.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)

Spells by Aprilynne Pike

10. Favorite book/s you’ve read this year?

The Iron King and The Iron Daughter, both by Julie Kagawa

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?

Not often. I don't read books that I don't have an interest in unless they come highly recommended

12. What is your reading comfort zone?

YA fantasy, paranormal anything, romance/historical romance

13. Can you read on the bus?

Yes. But, depends on the road where the bus is currently travelling. Most of the roads here are bumpy.

14. Favorite place to read?

My bedroom - on the bed.

15. What is your policy on book lending?

As long as the borrowers return a book to me in good condition, I will not go Hulk on them. And of course, if they borrow the books within a reasonable amount of time.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?

Yes. 

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?

Yes and no. I write my name on the inner margin of the 11th page of a book, but other than that I disapprove of befouling a book, unless I really have to mark it (i.e. a quote, a scene) but I use a pencil.

18.  Not even with text books?

Oh, textbooks - I don't care. I mark them as I see fit - with ball-point pens.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?

English. I also prefer to write in English. I am so unpatriotic.

20. What makes you love a book?

When the story is really, really good, when I fall in love with the characters, and the ending is fantastic.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?

If I absolutely love the book, I would hound my friends to read it. Even providing them a copy.

22. Favorite genre?

YA fantasy

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)

science fiction

24. Favorite biography?

None.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?

Yes, I think so. I forgot. Though I am not into them, I just skim when I'm in the bookstore.

26. Favorite cookbook?

Galing-galing: Philippine Cuisine by Nora and Mariles Daza

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?

None, whatsoever.

28. Favorite reading snack?
Clover chips
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.

None.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?

Occasionally. If I read the reviews. LOL. 

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?

Depends on the book. When I absolutely hate it , I won't have an ounce of remorse. But, generally, I feel bad about writing negative reviews that I would put "salve" words to ease my conscience.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language/s would you chose?

Chinese and Japanese

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?

The Lord of the Rings. Sad but true. I could not grasp the writing style at first but determination to know more about Tolkien's Middle-Earth pushed me on.

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?

None.

35. Favorite Poet?

E. E. Cummings 

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?

Fiction books - none. Textbooks - around five books at a time.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?

Too often! What can I say I don't usually like textbooks except if they're talking about culture and history.

38. Favorite fictional character?

None or too many to mention. But, currently, Grimalkin from the Iron Fey series.

39. Favorite fictional villain?

He's not a villain, per se; well, we all initially thought he was a villain but in the end he turned out to be an anti-hero - Snape from the Harry Potter series.

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?

If I could, I would bring the twenty books that are listed here. But I can't. 

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.

Three days.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.

Hmmm.... I have to think of this one.

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?

Loud voices. Loud singing. Stupid karaoke-loving neighbors.

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. All hail Peter Jackson. I am psyched to watch The Hobbit.

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?

Twilight

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?

Php1500 equivalent to around $35  in today's exchange rate.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?

Never. I read a few chapters and if I don't relish the story, I skim and skip to the end.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?

Horrid plot. And thumbs-down characters.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?

Yes. I organize them by what is generally the content or the story all about (i.e. magic and fantasy, chiclit,  science)

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?

I collect them. I want to convert a room in our house into a library. There I would put my collection and then the books that are distributed around the house, most of them from my grandparents' time.

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?

Yes. Biographies, self-help and textbooks.

52. Name a book that made you angry.

I can't think of something right now.

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?

Spells by Aprilynne Pike

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?

Romance books published by Mills and Boon that were my mother's. She burned most of her novels when I was in high school since I was reading them instead of studying. LOL. I got the last laugh though, I graduated salutatorian despite preferring to read those romance novels.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]