Friday Firsts (4): Cold Magic by Kate Elliott
Friday Firsts is a weekly meme started by Allison at Well-Read Reviews.
- The first line can make or break a reader's interest. Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence? To participate in this weekly book meme is extremely easy.
- Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.
- Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.
- Create a blog post with this information. (Make sure to include the title & author of the book you are using. Even an ISBN helps!)
- Did this first sentence help draw you into the story? Why or why not?
by Kate Elliott
The history of the world begins in ice, and it will end in ice.
Now, ain't it super? Begin a book with a portent of doom. Did it egg me to read the book? Absolutely. Though I already made up my mind to read all the way to the end when I read it's synopsis.