Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme (mostly) about books and reading.
---
Eh, this is the first time I'm participating in this meme. But, I have another meme during Thursdays - Cover Thursday. Yet, since I seem to remember that I would also be doing this meme one of these Thursdays and I cannot resist this week's Booking Through Thursday question:

Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren't there any? 
Oh, gosh! There are so many books that I love that are from other countries! And I can't possibly list them all here; therefore I am going to jot down 20 books/series (in random order) that I can think of:
  1. the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling - this is the series that let loose my imagination
  2. the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and other tales of Middle-Earth by J.R.R. Tolkien - I tried at least two times to read just one book, but the writing style was so... that I gave up on those times. It wasn't after I watched the first movie that I begged my mother for the books. After, the first two pages, I could already ride the style and I was in Middle-Earth ever since.
  3. the Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis - Truth be told, I only read this after I watched the first movie.
  4. the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa - Oh, my current love! You are the bane of Crisanne and Joyce whom I forced to read you. LOL
  5. the Faerie Path series by Allan Frewin Jones - It's about faeries - need I say more?
  6. the Mediator series by Meg Cabot - I was skeptical at first since the only encounter I had with Meg Cabot was the Princess Diaries. About seven books into that series, I was slumped and I haven't attempted to buy the rest since I found Mia too annoying (actually, since the fourth book  yet I trudged on). However, the take that was taken (no pun intended) in this series was so refreshing that I breathed a sigh of relief. 
  7. the Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop - There was something about the concept that absolutely enthralled me from the first chapter. And how after each end, kept me wanting to know more and turn the page.
  8. the Sweep/Wicca series by Cate Tiernan - Aiyah! Magic! Magic! And more Magic!
  9. the Wicked series by Nancy Holder and Debbie ViguieJ'aime bien l'histoire avec tous ces rebondissements, de la romance et de la réincarnation. Et ai-je dit que c'est là que je suis tombé en amour avec le français? Bien sûr, il ne fait pas mal que la chanson "Scarborough Fair" a été présenté ici.
  10. the Blue Bloods series by Melissa dela Cruz - Vampires and Fallen Angels in one.
  11. the Study series by Maria V. Snyder - I am blaming my former roommates for this one. If they hadn't introduced me to that forum I would have never found out about this.
  12. the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray - I still sigh whenever I think of this series. So sad - poor Kartik!
  13. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - it is about those times when balls and lords and ladies abound and I have always loved historical romance.
  14. the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - what's more to say other than I envy Clary Fray
  15. the Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene - I can't really explain why this series appeals to me. But, I would say that the 54 original books are the best.
  16. the Night World series by L. J. Smith - When? When is Strange Fate going to be published? I want to know what happens!
  17. Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin - It's a love story set in China's T'ang Dynasty. There are scenes where the heroine kicks butt using those pair of deadly swords; and she's a princess
  18. the Condor Trilogy by Jin Yong - I love, love this! It is a combination of history, kick-ass kungfu, morals, romance and a peek at Chinese culture.
  19. Ayashi no Ceres by Yuu Watase - I know, I know, this is not really a book but a manga series. Yet, I can't resist. This was the first manga that I read, the first anime where I learned my first Japanese song (Sukaretto by Iwao Junko) and there was Touya.
  20. the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer -  I did not read this because of the movie. I found out about this series before the movie in a newspaper feature. To tell you the truth, I did not care for vampires before this, but Twilight totally changed my mind.
---
So, there you have it. My answer to my first Booking Through Thursday question. Sorry, it's quite long but I do not have absolute favorites. I just happen to love a lot of books.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]