Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. Grab a book, any book, and turn to page 56. Find a sentence that grabs you and post it either on your blog or on Instagram tagged with #Friday56.
This week I'm sharing quotes from She Smells the Dead by E.J. Stevens.
7%, Prologue

I can smell the dead. I know, you hear of people with superhuman paranormal powers and you think, how cool is that, but there is nothing cool about smelling the dead.
56%, Chapter 26

"A very good thing," Calvin said, closing the space between us. "You are the anchor that keeps me from losing touch with my human self," he said while his breath brushed my cheek, "and the crazy thing is that my wolf spirit is your anchor."
I've read this series about... seven years ago according to Goodreads. But I'm rereading it this week.
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end the following Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.
This week's prompt is:
Have you made the switch from print to e-books? Is either one exclusive?

I began reading eBooks when I was in college. It was when the books that I wanted, books that were abuzz in the blogosphere, were not available in local bookstores (and our libraries don't carry those titles). So, to Amazon I went.

I still do that. However, I only buy print when I really, really want to add the books to my library and will not just clutter space after reading them. Otherwise, my eReader is my best friend - a library I can carry anywhere.

Ayanami Faerudo

5 comments:

  1. I have made the same decision with my book shelves - to buy only titles I want to keep, but sometimes I freak out and buy a physical book, because I believe I might love it, or the cover is just irresistible))

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, keeper copies are in print but I've usually already read the Kindle copy too. Your book this week sounds intriguing. This week I am reading Cast in Oblivion by Michelle Sagara. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one! It was fun! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say I've heard of this, but it sounds like it could be right up my alley. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah!! Yes, my Kindle is truly the best book friend in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]