Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. Grab a book, any book, and turn to page 56. Find a sentence that grabs you and post it either on your blog or on Instagram tagged with #Friday56.
This week I'm sharing quotes from City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty.
2%, Chapter 1

He was an easy mark.

Nahri smiled behind her veil, watching the two men bicker as they approached her stall.
56%, Chapter 17

What honor did he have left?
I've been wanting to read this book for awhile since I read the synopsis and saw 18th century Cairo. Egypt has a special spot in my heart after I've watched The Mummy (1999) and vowed I'd be an adventurer/archaeologist/librarian/bad-ass just like Evelyn Carnahan.
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end the following Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.
This week's prompt is:
Do you buy all your books? If yes, do you keep them all? If no, where do you source them? 

This is related to last week's question.

As I've said, the one public library in all of the metro area is so far away and the books are not allowed to be borrowed and taken home. 


Yes, I buy all my books. I keep all of them...ish. If I don't want a book in my collection, then I give them away.

Ayanami Faerudo

10 comments:

  1. I love the setting too and this is a new author for me. Thanks for sharing!

    My Friday 56 from The Corpse In The Cabana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover and great excerpts! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “I OWE YOU ONE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame about your library! I've never heard of one that didn't allow check-outs.

    My Friday memes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard nothing but good things about The City of Brass. It's on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved City of Brass, well except the ending which was a kind of a set up for the next in the series (hope that is not a spoiler). Reminds me I need to get The Kingdom of Copper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy most of my books but get some review books too. I try to buy mostly for my Kindle since I don't have a lot of empty space on my bookshelves. This book does sound good. This week I am featuring Murder in Belgravia by Lynn Brittney from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely cover. I've not read anything set in Cairo for a long time. I should look into this book. My Firda quotes for Unsheltered

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the point of a library if you can't borrow the books?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover and snippets, sounds like my kind of book! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping to read this series soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]