Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
I won't bother putting Middle Earth or Diagon Alley, because they're a given.



Nevernever from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
How Julie Kagawa described the world of the fae helped a lot not only in establishing the dimensions of what it is to be an otherworldly being but also in making me fall in love with the series.

Full of dangers as well as the fantastic, the Nevernever is a cross between Wonderland, a labyrinth, a maze, and a Disney enchanted forest.

The Library at Akarnae Academy from the Medoran Chronicles by Lynette Noni
You know what they say about libraries - that they open doors to different worlds. Well... The Library at Akarnae Academy has doors to different worlds and rooms with entire worlds in them. It's like a Room of Requirement on steroids.

Actually, I'd love to go to Akarnae Academy as a whole. Here's why.

Nevermoor, specifically Hotel Deucalion, from the Nevermoor series by Jessica Townsend
Hotel Deucalion is one of the most magical places I've ever read - if not the most magical. The room you're billeted in will change in evolve either to the inhabitant's whim and personality or to their character/personal development.

The chandelier in the lobby grows.

Bubble rooms.

I may have raged-read Ice Like Fire and declared that I'm finished with the series halfway through, but I love the world it's set in. 

Four lands. Four seasons. Eternally spring or eternally winter. Review

Source: Edinburgh Sketcher
I love old cities. The history, the culture, the ghosts. Walking down their streets is like walking through time. There's an air about them that makes me just sigh in nerdy happiness.

Lakeside Courtyard from The Others by Anne Bishop
It will be fun to live there amongst Namid's teeth and claws. As long as I'm not food chow, then I'll happily comply with the rules. Review

London, various books
Source: London Sketches by Abigail Daker
With every book I read which lists London as its main setting, I get various perspectives of the city - historical or modern - that create a vicarious image of a place both familiar and foreign.

The Cloud Recesses from Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mòxiāng Tóngxiù
The Cloud Recesses is the seat of the Gusu Lan Sect. It's where most of the major players were trained and educated to be good cultivators.

It's original name, 云深不知处, means Somewhere unknown deep in the clouds. An apt name since it's in the mountains and constantly enveloped in mist.

Source: Japan Times
I've already explored some of northern Japan and the Kanto area; but the Kansai region, particularly the Kyoto-Kobe-Osaka area, is one of my must-go-to destinations. Kyoto, the seat of the Heian period and a scaled replica of the Tang capital of Chang'an is steeped with history and culture and food and aaaarrggghhhh... so many things to explore and experience.


What are your must-haves if you're going to be dumped in another world?
Ayanami Faerudo

3 comments:

  1. Your whole list sounds amazing. I want to visit all of them.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Edinburgh and London quite a few times, I love both!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/26/top-ten-tuesday-200/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, to Edinburgh, especially for the Festival of Books! Here's my list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2019/02/26/top-ten-places-to-visit/

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]