Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Jamie of the Perpetual Page Turner have been doing this for seven years! This is the second time I've participated and I think this is a great way to look back.

Number of Books Read | Number of Re-Reads | Genre You Read the Most From


  • This is the year of the URBAN FANTASY.
  • I've started and read about five or six urban fantasy series this year.
  • I'm about halfway through each series.
  • As of this writing, I happened to read 99 books according to Goodreads; one book short of the annual 100 goal
  • This includes the re-reads and the multi-volume manga... except I read Anatolia/Red River manga - again - and just included the last . 
  • So if I include all the TWENTY-SEVEN (27) volumes the books I've read this year will be 126.
  • Of course, the number does not include all the completed fanfiction I've read, some of which are longer than the books.
  • Not to mention the 100k-words ongoing fanfiction.
  • So Goodreads, I DID complete the goal I set out for myself.

1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
  • These are the penultimate books in their respective series.
  • So you can imagine my fangirling. You can read all about my ravings here and here.
  • I'm going to be so sad when they finish next year (I have in my hands an ARC of Cheating Death... All the feels T^T).
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
  • Oh, don't get me wrong it was quite good, I rated it a three out of five.
  • It's just that I expected more.
  • But I will still read the sequel.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
  • This was a surprise for me.
  • I was not really expecting anything. I just wanted to read something other than urban fantasy.
  • I looked at my Books Read list and saw I haven't read anything fey for a while. So...
  • I have not been this giddy about a fae book since The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa! 
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

None. No one got my vibes this year.

5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?

  • As I said, it was the year of urban fantasy.
  • Why haven't I read this before?
  • Although I'm glad that I waited since I was able to binge read this series for days.
  • Charley Davidson is my spirit animal
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?

Darynda Jones.
Her humor in the Charley Davidson series had me laughing for days.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
  • I haven't ventured out of my comfort zone this year.
  • Have you seen 2016?
  • You wouldn't have either.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
Waging War by April White
  • Guys, siriusly, READ these series.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

  • I've read only the first book of the Air Awakens series (though I know what's going to happen... I... spoiled myself).
  • Therefore, I'll read it again since I'm going to binge-read the entire series in one sitting.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
  • Have you seen the cover art of the Air Awakens series!?! Have you!?!
  • They're GORGEOUS!
  • Wait till you see the full, expanded covers!
  • Done by the amazing Merilliza Chan. She has a DeviantArt, so you could see the expanded ones there.
11. Most memorable character of 2016?

Skippity skip skip.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
  • Not everyone's cup of tea this year.
  • But I truly loved this book.
  • I loved the twists done to known, beloved characters and the addition of more characters.
  • A Lady Sherlock, guys!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
  • Meh. Whenever I think of this kind of book, the first thing that comes to mind are either self-help books, autobiographies, and deep nonfiction books.
  • There are fiction books that do that too. Especially the contemporary ones.
  • But I haven't read those this year.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read? 
  • Rather late for this train.
  • But yeah, Mercy Thompson is BAMF.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?

THEY ACCEPT EVIL NOT BECAUSE THEY SAY YES, BUT BECAUSE THEY DON’T SAY NO.

Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett 

NOBODY WANTS TO LOOK LIKE A FOOL. NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN, THAT REASON ALONE KEEPS PEOPLE FROM ALLOWING THEMSELVES TO BELIEVE.

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

NEVER WAIT FOR YOUR MUSE. TRAIN HIM/HER TO SHOW UP TO WORK WHEN YOU DO BY PUSHING ON. IT’S A DOMINANT SUBMISSION THING.

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
NOOOOOOOOO! GEDIYON!

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Meg and Simon
After I read that conversation between Simon and Vladimir... YES!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Hikaru and Eagle
  • I've re-read the Magic Knight Rayearth manga after I've re-watched the OVA only after so many years since Lantis died in this version.
  • I know there's been confusion with this pair along with one other person.
  • In fact, everyone is making this a love triangle, particularly those who watched the anime.
  • But if you look closely when you read the manga, Eagle is in love with Lantis.
  • Ehe.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

I mention them a lot...
Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
Waging War by April White

21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Ha. Ha. You didn't make me.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?

Reyes Alexander Farrow

23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Excellent weaving of history and contemporary without being it solely all about a speshul snowflake.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Here be courts and dragons.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

The CHARLEY DAVIDSON series by Darynda Jones
Kept me laughing for a week.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Why must you remind me!?!

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

  • This is a little different from the norm
  • But a good different.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
ARCHER!!! NOOOOOOO!!!

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
  • I couldn't help but feel the Spirited Away vibes I was getting when I was reading this book. 
  • There was (1) Japanese folklore - the reason I picked up this book in the first place; 
  • (2) a girl who grew up in the city, separated from her friends, loathed to go to the countryside where the cellphone signal was sporadic; 
  • (3) messed with things she didn't understand and beyond her ken; 
  • and (4) went to a quest to undo what was done and learned valuable lessons along the way.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
  • I'm not mad at the book per se.
  • But it made me rant about something that is common in Young Adult books.
  • You can read about it here.

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?

When authors include you in the acknowledgment...

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

I've had reading and blogging slumps this year.
I just wanted to read fanfiction or watch TV series.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My REVIEWS. As always.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Instafreebie. Bookbub.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I think I signed up for four challenges excluding the Goodreads reading challenge and well...

Hahahahahaha

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?

  • My still-to-be-reviewed books
  • And Victoria Schwab books

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?


3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?


4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?


5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?

More discussion posts.
Read books I missed in the reading challenges.

6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

I haven't read any 2017 book yet.
Yet, I am EAGERLY ANTICIPATING a great number of them.
2016 was not a very good year for the world.
But don't despair! Not everything is lost.
Here's a list of good things that happened.

2017.
Make it your bitch.


Peace. Love. Happiness.
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]