Naughty or Nice Blog Winter Blog Tour: Purrrfect with Vicki Lewis Thompson
A PURRFECT TRADITION
Guest Post by Author Vicki Lewis Thompson
I love Christmas traditions—the more, the merrier! Pile ’em on is my motto, and my daughter and I recently added a wonderful new one. Every December around the winter solstice we visit the kitty cats at the Hermitage No-Kill Cat Shelter in Tucson! We arrive bearing gifts of furry beds, breakaway collars and feather toys. After depositing our goodies at the front desk, we immerse ourselves in the cage-free environment that’s a cat lover’s dream.
Calicos, tortoiseshells and tuxedos—oh, my! Adult cats of every color and personality are free to roam inside or slip through a pet door to the patio where wire mesh keeps out predators but lets in sunshine and fresh air. Some are sleeping peacefully in cozy beds tucked on shelves while others navigate the brightly painted catwalks near the ceiling. Sure, adoption is the ultimate goal, but in the meantime the Hermitage gives them a happy place to hang out and enjoy life. That’s why I can love on these cats without feeling guilty that I’m not taking them all home with me.
I adore the kittens, but I’m partial to the sweet older cats waiting patiently for someone to come over and give them a good scratch. Listening to that gentle purr reminds me that kindness, especially to those who can’t speak for themselves, is what Christmas is all about. Yep, this is a tradition I intend to keep for a long time. Do you have an animal shelter that you support? Share in the comments section below!
A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe
Thunder Mountain Brotherhood #4
Vicki Lewis Thompson
Publication Date: November 17, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Christmas
The gun-shy cowboy…A cowboy's scars can last a lifetime. Ty Slater's cheerfulness is a carefully constructed armor. After losing his parents in a tragic accident, he was fostered at Thunder Mountain Ranch. Although he's learned how to survive, he hides a broken heart. He knows love leads to loss, so he's vowed never to fall in love…Unfortunately, Ty's attraction to Whitney Yates is nothing short of a maelstrom, a desire that threatens his resolve. When she's stranded at Thunder Mountain for Christmas, Ty realizes he'd better find Whitney's flaw, and fast—because his lust is too damn close to love. This red-hot cowboy is ready to bolt…unless Whitney shows him that some rides are definitely worth the risk.
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal series featuring a matchmaking witch and wizard, an ADD dragon named George, and a black cat inspired by her own precocious feline, Eve.
- 1 print copy of The Harder You Fall by Gena Showalter, White Wedding Christmas by Andrea Laurence, A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe by Vicki Lewis Thompson, Wrapped in Red by Nana Malone and Sherelle Green
- 1 eBook copy of A Copper Ridge Christmas by Maisey Yates and Under the Spotlight by Kate Willoughby
- 100,000 Harlequin MyRewards points
- 2 Harlequin Classics limited edition notebooks
- 1 Brenda Jackson Westmoreland limited edition notebook
- Monday, Novemer 30th - Books and Things
- Wednesday, December 2nd - Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance
- Friday, December 4th - Supernatural Snark
- Monday, December 7th - Bewitched Bookworms
- Wednesday, December 9th - Rather Be Reading Blog
- Friday, December 11th - Obsessed by Books
- Monday, December 14th - Rainy days and Pajamas
- Wednesday, December 16th - That Artsy Reader Girl
- Friday, December 18th - In the Hammock