Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

It's day 6 of BookBlogWriMo!

If anyone doesn't know about BookBlogWriMo then... well, it just started this year. Hosted by Brittany of Book BumblingsBookBlogWriMo is a "a lax version of NaNoWriMo for book bloggers. [There are] prompts for each day, discussing different topics around books, blogging, and books + blogging."

Today's topic is: Favorite Childhood Books.
What were some of your favorite books way back when? This could be a read from before you could read, or what you spent summers by the pool with in high school.
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
This was my first nonpicture book. My mother was exasperated that I kept pointing at picture books at the bookstore. She promptly dropped The Secret Garden in my hands and told me to read it. It took me some months before I deigned to read it but it was worth it.
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

From The Secret Garden, I moved to other classic books. We have a stash of books at home collected from my maternal grandparents' time to my mother's romance books streak in college. I discovered Little Women and Little Men in a trunk one day, then... omg, I checked the publication date: 1963
Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton

I borrowed this book from a classmate. Back then, I didn't know that this was the second in the series but I loved it just the same. Who wouldn't? A tree where the top hosts different lands at different times, where you can go and have adventures? 

Did you roleplay as your favorite childhood books' characters?
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]