Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I know, I know. I should do updates every month to see how everything is going. But to be honest, I don't monitor them as much since everything usually falls into place. 

And by everything, I mean the Goodreads Reading Challenge.

I started with a goal of 100 books. This is my usual goal every year since I've started participating in 2011. Take note that I did reach my goal in 2012. It's just that I've reread books I've read in that year and Goodreads doesn't have an option where you can add multiple reading dates - unlike Shelfari.
But I surpassed that goal sometime in June, I think. Ah, the advantages of being a bum. TT^TT I'm crying because as much as I enjoy my reading time, I just want to find a job na so I could fuel this love of books more. Does that make sense? More money, more books.

Anyway, I raised my reading goal to 125 and when I went past that, I raised it to 150. So 19 more books to go!
Reading Outside the BoxAlison at The Cheap Reader, hopes that the reader would branch out to other genres and not miss out on a good book just because it wasn't their cup of YA tea.
...
...
...
Ahahahahaha! While I do read books from the Adult category, most of the books I've read this year were from the YA category. 
  • Read a Chunkster: Read a book with 600+ pages.
    • Drop Dead Demons by A&E Kirk - It's only 598 pages long but it's the longest book I've read so far. I initially thought that was A Discovery of Witches because how condensed the book was but according to Goodreads stats, it's this.
  • Reading by Ear Listen to an audiobook
    • I'm still debating which book I'm going to listen to. Any suggestions?
  • Gathering Dust: You’ve had this book for years and you still haven’t read it.
  • Science Fiction
  • Picture Book
    • Eh, I don't have a picture in my possession. Oh wait! I forgot my young cousin forgot his book here when he visited last summer. I can't believe I forgot about that.
  • Graphic Novel
    • Star Blacks by Youko Maki - There are some who make distinctions between graphic novels, comics and manga. I'm one those. But Star Blacks is the closest to a graphic novel (and the only one I've read this year) I've got.
  • Poetry or Novel-in-Verse
    • I like poetry. I'll collect it of course, that book, but I would just read individual pieces of poetry unlike sitting down and reading a book full of it.
  • Young Adult Fiction
    • Marking Time by April White - probably the best book discovery I've had this year. I've been wanting to read this since last year when I came across it. It wasn't until this June when I took the plunge and bought it. It so happened that Tempting Fate's (the sequel) release was just around the corner therefore, I didn't have long to wait. However! Stalking Nature is not until next year!
  • Loved by Others: Other people really love this book but for whatever reason you haven’t read it yet.
  • Second Chance: You read this book a while back and didn’t enjoy it, didn’t finish it, or were on the fence about it. Time to give it another try!
    • I tried with some books but like the first time I've opened them, I wasn't really into them.
  • Mystery
  • Accidentally Watched the Movie First: You didn’t realize the movie was based on a book until after you watched it. Ideally you haven’t read the book yet.
  • Try a Classic
  • Historical Fiction
  • Contemporary Fiction
  • Middle Grade Fiction
  • Fantasy
  • Award Winner
  • Lost in Translation: This book was originally written in another language.
    • Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier -I've also watched the movie adaptation. The Saphirblau or Sapphire Blue movie is already out but there are no English subtitles yet.
  • Non-Fiction Book
    • I stay away from this unless absolutely necessary. I will try to read one before the year is out.
  • Self Published
  • Relive the Magic Reread: a book you really enjoyed as a kid but haven’t touched it since then.
    • I've reread a bunch of books this year but I've read none of them as a kid. Besides, I usually read the books I've enjoyed when I was little about once a year.
  • Biography or Memoir
    • I've been meaning to finish reading Princess Masako: Prisoner of the Chrysanthemum Throne.
  • Romance
  • Adult Fiction

That's it for the reading challenges this year. I'm doing well.
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]