Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

The center of the story was Maleficent but it still roughly follows the original Disney movie albeit with changes like Maleficent distantly raising Aurora because the faeries or pixies that were supposed to take care of her were absentminded and terribly self-centered. As Aurora grows up she met Maleficent and spent some time with her. They grew close, Maleficent's heart thawed and by the time the prince was introduced I knew that he was just someone to fill the quota of princes and to remind the audience of the movie's ties to the original. What was he doing there? So we could assume that he's the true love's kiss. Please. I think this new tradition of nontraditional true love's kiss was started in Once Upon A Time.

My friend and I were not the only adults there who weren't accompanying kids to watch this movie. And I think that they were there, like us, to watch not because we feel nostalgic for a childhood favorite but because we wanted to see Angelina Jolie as Maleficent.

She was, as usual, great and she was the one bright spot in this movie. Oh, the cinematography was good and the special effects spot on. But the script, the storytelling was *UGH* and choppy. The transition of events was not smooth and fluid, it jumps and everything was all over the place. A few laughs was extracted from the story but the biggest laugh that I gave when was the movie was finished. A laugh of disbelief and relief. Was I too harsh in this? After all, this is a movie for kids. Hmmm, I don't think so. As I said, the story could have been better if not for the script. 
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]