Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

You've been probably wondering, those people who read this blog, about what I've been doing this past few days or weeks. I haven't been active lately in blogging nor have I been reading much, if you discount fanfiction. I finally graduated officially (even if I sat down for my comprehensive exams last year) and has been granted a master's degree. So, I'm back in the city and stewing in the unforgivable summer heat that's enhanced by the fumes from gas-guzzling products of the Industrial Revolution.

On the other hand, I'm pleased to tell that I have watched the first two seasons of Sherlock (I could then suffer with the other Sherlocked)  but stopped before Reichenbach Fall. I've been on a marathon for two days and my brain just can't keep up with the high-functioning sociopath. I needed a break. So I watched the 2011(ongoing) version of the anime adaptation of HunterXHunter. I've been raring to watch this version ever since I've heard it in order to compare it with the 1999 version (which I grew up watching). Basically, I was ready to give the newer version a tongue-lashing as an act of loyalty. However, I've read somewhere that we tend to favor earlier versions of things because they were the first things we experienced. Therefore, the 1999 version will be remembered fondly, the 2011 version is more streamlined with less fillers and unnecessary dramatic pauses AND updated. There are differences but I don't think those merit a my-horse-is-bigger-than-your-horse war.

Well, that's it, that's what I've been doing along with looking for a job (and revising my Japanese). I need money to realize my plans for world domination. BEA is just around the corner and I won't be attending it. Heh. I'll be sticking to Armchair BEA for now.
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]