Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I haven't read any book in the past one-and-a-half weeks. I think my reading slump came back and I just had no interest in reading books. I've read fanfiction though; I can't seem to resist Dragon Age. So to pass the time because I have no life, I just watched Skip Beat. The Taiwanese TV series starring Ivy Chen, Siwon, and Donghae. 
It is the story of Gong Xi, a 16-year-old girl who discovers that her childhood friend and romantic goal, Shang Jieyong, only keeps her around to act as a maid and earn his living expenses, as he works his way to become the top pop idol in Japan. Furious and heart broken from him admitting to using her, she vows to get revenge by beating him in show business.
It was a good 15-episode series albeit without any solid conclusion since the manga, which it was based on, is still ongoing. I was laughing throughout the entire series. The one mistake I did was to watch it at night which is not ideal since I had to cover my mouth with a pillow to keep from laughing out too loud. Yes, it-was stomach-hurting funny. I think I also watched the anime version way back when but it also did not have any conclusion. Why didn't they just follow what happened in Princess Hours (Goong)? The manhwa was not finished yet when production wrapped up and they just made their own ending. 

To further combat ennui and boredom (aside from doing the household chores) was to search for that piano music sheet I've been wanting. And I did. I've been singing 상처(Hurt) since I've watched Rooftop Prince and recently tried to put it to the piano but I'm not that talented. So I searched for a workable music sheet and I'm plodding through right now. 

Basically, that's what I've been doing for the past week or so. I've watched reruns of America's Next Top Model and played a time-management game called Delicious Emily. I think I'm out of that slump now. We'll see as I start reading The Falconer later.

What do you do when you're in a reading slump?
Ayanami Faerudo

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch my favorite shows. It always help. I wasn't able to read last week after I finish reading The Swan and the Jackal. I was numb for a couple of days. But I'm reading again, yay!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]