Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Got this from Jessica of Peace, Love, Books. Let's start the new year by getting some more information out of the blogger running this joint.

Author you’ve read the most books from:
Cate Tiernan. I’ve read her Sweep/Wicca series and it has 15 books.

Best Sequel Ever:
The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa. Oh did this book deliver.

Currently Reading:
Inception by Teal Haviland

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Depends on what’s in the fridge. Usually it might be juice, soda or just plain water.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical books, definitely, but e-readers are so convenient when you are travelling. You could bring your whole library with tyou.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Aha. Ahahahahahaha. That’s a really good question for someone who has never dated before. Ahahahahahaha. Probably one of my top YA boyfriends although it won't be safe for me since most of them are living in paranormal/fantastical situations and they're mostly involved big time in dangerous situations. 

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.  I wasn’t feeling it when I was first reading it so I set it aside. But the next time I’ve picked it up I soldiered on and I’m glad I did.

Hidden Gem Book:
Warped by Maurissa Guibord

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Discovering a reader’s forum which led to discvoring Goodreads and NetGalley which then led to starting this blog.

Just Finished:
Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas. Last book of 2013 and it was a great end-of-year book.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
There was a time when I would’ve said nonfiction books but I love learning and there are books out there that I love to read to satisfy my curiosity. So to answer this, I’d say anything that I don’t have an interest on.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
One could say Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or maybe The Lord of the Rings collected in one book but there was one thing that I’ve read that was over a thousand pages. And it wasn’t even strictly a book book. It was fanfiction. A Dragon Age fanfiction.

Major book hangover because of:
Recently? The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson. It was so good that even though I started reading something else, I kept going back.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Three (with my own books). Two in my room in my hometown and one in the city.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

Preferred Place To Read:
Bed. Comfy, warm, any position you could do.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it.  No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise. -Prince Ash, The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
There is nothing in this life that can ever destroy you but yourself. Bad things happen to everyone, but when they do, you can’t just fall apart and die. You have to fight back. If you don’t, you’re the one who loses in the end. But if you do keep going and fight back, you win. -Marion Windsor, Timeless by Alexandra Monir
But then, before bed, the thought would come to me, trickle through the mire of worries - will I have the dream tonight? And then, another thought would come to me alongside it - will I be going home again? -Breena, Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well. -Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Reading Regret:
It’s not so much as regret but frustration. For every five, or even ten, books you read, you could only count on one knocking your socks off and the rest are just typical of their genre (or copies). I love reading, I do, but I always appreciate quality over quantity.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
The Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. Seriously, I need to finish this. I’ve only read the first book.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Why do you keep asking this of book lovers!?! Fine. No series, right? Okay. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling, The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Harry Potter. Hogwarts is home.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
...Why can't I think of one?

Worst Bookish Habit:
When I start a series, I have to get every book in that series. No matter how bad that series is, no matter how many. It puts a strain on my budget but I need my bookshelves to look good.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
I’m downstairs so I’m going to get something from the books in the living room. The 26th volume of the 21st century Universal Encyclopedia, 1996 edition.

Your latest book purchase:
Oz, The Complete Collection by L. Frank Baum

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas. Kept me awake before the 2014 New Year countdown.
 Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]