Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

The BTT question of the week is:
Do other people influence what you choose to read? When a family member recommends something, or a friend says they hated a book you were planning to read … does it affect your reading choices?
Hello everyone! *waves* It has been a long time since I participated in Booking Through Thursday. I missed quite a lot, haven't I? 
Other people do influence what I choose to read - to an extent. 
No one in my family recommended me something to read. It's mostly me recommending books for them to read. Unless you count that time when I was about eight years old when my mother insisted on me reading this rather thick book (thick for me at that age) instead of the picture book that I wanted. That book was The Secret Garden and helped me graduate from relying too much on picture books to help me imagine things to actually making my brains work in imagining things.
As I said, my friends rarely recommend anything and I'm the one instead recommending them books.
But I do pay attention to fellow book bloggers about what they think are good books and what are not. Although, I refrain from reading their reviews much until I read the book and pass judgment myself. We do have different tastes after all.
Ayanami Faerudo

5 comments:

  1. I do tend to avoid reading the reviews until after I've read a book.

    Bloggers definitely influence me to an extent. Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggers and Goodreads are my strongest reading influences. I love book recommendations!
    2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to find out about a book my self sometimes.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a lot of in person friends that recommend books to me either. Once in awhile someone will, but I'm like you, it's mostly me recommending to them instead. I don't know a whole lot of people that necessarily get my reading tastes.

    I do look at reviews on Goodreads quite a bit, and stuff from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fellow book bloggers are indeed a great source of information on books I would like to read, perhaps would like to read or I am just not sure this is a book for me kind of book.

    Very good answer!
    kind regards,

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]