Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
---

Spirit's Chosen
Esther M. Friesner
Expected Publication: April 23, 2013

Book Description
Himiko's world is falling apart. An attack by the Ookami clan has left many from her tribe dead or enslaved. And those who remain in the ransacked Matsu village are certain they've angered the gods. Amid the chaos and fear, Himiko hatches a plan to save her beloved tribe. Traveling through the treacherous wilderness with her best friend Kaya, their only goal is to free her clanfolk from the Ookami. At every turn she encounters other tribes and unforeseen challenges. But just when it seems that she will outwit Ryu, the cruel Ookami leader, she is captured. Held agains her will, Himiko starts to realize that not all of the Ookami are her enemies and every step of her unconventional journey has prepared her for something greater than life as a princess. Though she may not see her path as clearly as the spirits seem to, there's more adventure (and even unexpected love) for this young shamaness and warrior.
I loved Spirit's Princess (see my review here). It's one of the few Asian-inspired books that I managed to find. Spirit's Princess job was to provide the background of the obscure origins of the Himiko and to layout the groundwork for the main journey on her path to become the legendary queen-priestess. There are a lot of things to explore and I want her to finally meet Reikon in the flesh!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this one and it sounds great. This is on my TBR list. Great pick!

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cover, and the blurb grabbed me. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice. I love Friesner's other books.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]