Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

...Or 'unfinished writing attempts' 
______________________________________________

The Morning After

“Hey, Lily!”  Yuki greeted the CEO office secretary as she breezed in from the elevators.

“Good morning, Ms. Zaltana,” greeted the older woman cheerfully. 

“It’s Yuki,” admonished Yuki.  “How many times I have to tell you that?  You’re way older than me.”

Lily laughed softly, “Yes, but you are my boss.”

“Temporarily.”

“Soooo,” drawled out Lily.  “How was the party?”

“Full of virile young men and equally lascivious old men.”

“No one snagged your attention?” Lily suggestedly said.

“What do you mean?” said Yuki as she prepared to enter the office. “Oh, by the way, why were all the women in this floor looking at me like I’m an alien or something.  Then, when I look at them, they hurriedly averted their eyes, seemingly absorbed in the morning paper.”

“You haven’t seen the papers, yet?” Lily asked mischievously.

“No.”

“Well, I think it best that you don’t see them just yet.  We don’t want your temper to flare up so early in the morning.”

“Liiiilllyyyyy, is there something you know that I don’t want to know that I would end up knowing anyway?”

“Maybe. Maybe not,” teased Lily, her eyes sparkling.

Yuki raised her hands up, “Aaargh!  I give up!  I don’t even need to be bothered today with gossip columns I have a plan to execute.  Call Mr. Wagner in HR and have him come up to the office.  Ring Ms. James on the fourth floor and remind her about the files I want.  Make a memo to Director Chan regarding the NASDAQ...”

“Are we pulling out?” cut in Lily.

“No,” said Yuki hurriedly, her hand on the doorknob.  “I want to see the ROBO he had drawn up two years ago that was vetoed by the board.”

“You have an appointment with Mr. Dawson at lunch.”

“Uhhhh,” said Yuki tiredly.  “I don’t want to discuss what happened last night.”

“And I’ll bring the newspaper for you to peruse at 10 o’ clock.”

“Is it really that important?”

“Yes,” said Lily solemnly.  “If you want to know what the women you passed by on the way up were thinking and if you want a heads-up before they start harassing you about it.”

Yuki sighed, “I think I don’t want to know.”

“You would know eventually.  Best not avoid it.”

“Whatever.  Don’t forget Mr. Wagner,” and Yuki entered the office.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]