Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Welcome to the TBR Intervention Challenge!
TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by  April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray

For information on why and how it was started and information on how to participate, please visit the TBRIC page

THE BOOKS I COMMITTED TO READ:

I finally read Anna and the French Kiss and I must say that it earned its stars and recommendations from all of you. I loved it! You can now add my name to the list who's head over heels for Ã‰tienne St. Clair. Do you think I should move on to read Lola and the Boy Next Door?

I've also read Pretty in Black by Rae Hachton. *sighs* I didn't like it. I don't recommend it that much. Sorry to be harsh but everything was cliche. Period. Oh, I forgot to note that I didn't finish Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton which was my TBRIC book two weeks ago. It was like what happened with Daughter of Smoke and Bone - I did not finish it not because I did not like it, it's because once I put it down for a break I haven't been able to get into the groove of finishing it.

I'm still finishing The Pledge but I'll get right on to it. And I haven't read The Lost Prince yet. T^T 

THE BOOK I COMMIT TO READ THIS WEEK:

I'll be tackling a time travel book again this week and that would be Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier which was translated by Anthea Bell. I've had this book since November last year so it definitely qualifies.

Blurb from Goodreads
Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!

Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed A&tFK, but I'm sorry the other two books fell into the DNF category :/

    I hope you are able to finish The Pledge and that you enjoy Ruby Red! :)

    P.S. - Have been working my way through The Iron Fey the past two weeks and they're awesome! Hope you're able to get to TLP soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! So glad you loved Anna! and YEAH, you have to read Lola soon, soon!
    I'm almost done with TLP, and I love it! I'm sure you'll love it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]