Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Welcome to the TBR Intervention Challenge!
TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by  April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray

For information on why and how it was started and information on how to participate, please visit the TBRIC page

THE BOOK I COMMITTED TO READ:

Uhm.. *twiddles thumbs* I haven't read it okay. I read about five paragraphs last night but I was so sleepy that I just played Bejeweled to lull myself to sleep. Hey, playing Bejeweled does that to me... after I conquered my last top score. I did get to read Flicker by Kaye Thornbrugh though. It was a faery tale and was set in the US but the tone and treatment of the story and faeries were very much old school. It slightly reminded me of the Modern Faerie Tale series by Holly Black. It was good actually and I think, for the first time, that it does not warrant a sequel - the ending was quite appropriate and fitting.

I also got to read Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. I've been meaning to read it after watching Hayao Miyazaki's film of the same name. I liked it and give it four out of five apples although some parts of the book were different from that of the movie. Film Howl was much more "tortured" than that of the Book Howl. Furthermore, Miyazaki's version reflected that of his own views particularly about war and peace. Actually, all throughout the book I was imagining the characters to look like what they were in the film except for Sophie who I imagined as having that red-gold hair as described in the book.

THE BOOKS I COMMIT TO READ THIS WEEK:


I will finish reading Blood Magic tonight while I hide myself from the guests who are arriving later. And I will finally read Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins which has been in y TBR pile since last year when people were raving about it. Time to brush up on my French which consists of five phrases. XD

I will also read The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. Wow, this is my X dystopia this year and I'm really enjoying the genre so far imagining those futures. 

We have a long weekend this week since Monday and Tuesday are holidays here in the country so if I'm not at the animal shelter or making my report presentation then I'm in my room reading - I've got quite a number of books lined up to read and I want to read them all before the end of the month.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So, you read good books last week!
    Hope you like Anna and The Pledge, I did!
    But I loved Anna better, is very funny and sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]