Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Welcome to the TBR Intervention Challenge!
TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by  April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray

For information on why and how it was started and information on how to participate, please visit the TBRIC page.

THE BOOK I COMMITTED TO READ:

Juliet Immortal
by Stacey Jay
in my pile since August 2011

I am still not finished with it. Blame it on reports, cable TV, the guys at the Portal, and my tendency to be distracted by other things. I did finish Cascade AND Torrent even though I did say last week that I would not immediately read the third book. But I couldn't just leave the series without knowing the end - although the ending kind of made me say: Is that it? What happened after?. I really liked the three River of Time books and I may review it extensively one of these days.



THE BOOK I COMMIT TO READ THIS WEEK:

Shattered
by Sophia Sharp
in my pile since August 2011

Uhm... *coughs* I confess I chose this week's TBRIC book by utilizing the services of a random number generator. *raises hands defensively* Hey! It's not easy choosing a book to read when you have a handful staring at you and seemingly saying Pick me! Pick me! How did I get a TBR pile in the first place?

Ahem. So Shattered it is and, oh God, another trilogy.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Laura Cubus was perfectly content with her life. A junior in high school, she felt perfectly normal. She had good friends, a great family, and did well in school. Nothing particularly exciting ever happened where she lived, and everything was stable.

But that all drastically changes when a new student arrives at Laura's school. Wild rumours swirl about his past, and Laura becomes determined to find out the truth.

As she gets to know the mysterious student, he shares with her an ancient secret... one that may yet put both of them in grave danger.

And for the first time in her life, Laura is exposed to a completely unfamiliar world. She is swept away on an exhilarating journey that takes to a place where romance and great destiny may yet await... and where supernatural powers run rampant.

Shattered is a teen romance / paranormal romance, and is the first book of the Dream Realms Trilogy.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Good luck again with Juliet Immortal, hope you like it. I did.

    And about the random... that was amazing! I need use that service, lol!
    Have a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand the papers part! I really should be working on my paper instead of reading posts--but Ahh! I don't want to write it! :)

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/02/tbr-intervention-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used Random.org to chose your book. You are right, it's not easy to choose when so many good books are hanging out on your list.

    I haven't heard of Shattered. I can't wait to see your opinion on it and I'm glad you finished the Waterfall series...I still haven't went back and tried to read Waterfall again. Someday soon...

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is so gorgeous! And don't worry about the random generator, I've done head or tails on occassion ;)

    I'm glad you liked the river of time, and hope you'll enjoy both Juliet Immortal - and your new title, of course!

    Happy reading

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL... another trilogy. I love them, but half of what comes out these days are trilogies. It's a big investment. Well, I'm glad you finished one trilogy at least.

    And Juliet Immortal... keep meaning to read that. I was SO excited about it in August, and just never got around to reading it for some reason... maybe I'll just hold off until Romeo Redeemed comes out. I like it better when I have a block of books available to me in a series anyway.

    Shattered's cover is gorgeous... I'll be interested in hearing how original it is. Mysterious new dudes with ancient secrets tend to run rampant in YA. lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read Cascade but couldn't get to it yet... I heard lots of good things about the series and I hope I could read them soon. I have Juliet Immortal too... but as usual, it's still cover with dust, waiting to be picked up... lol.

    Good luck with your book this week. Shattered really looks good. I hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]