Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]



I've been MIA from blogging this week since my internet credits were used up a week ago. Lesson learned: do not update software every month. However, having no internet at my house did not mean that I was completely off the worldwide web. I used the not-so-free internet at the library. Now, my college librarian already knows my name without me having to spell it since I spent lots of time there, either to read newspapers or torment people who are studying with my squeaky sandals.

Anyway, NEWS! I've got two actually - one international and one local. I think I'll start with the local first since it would be pushed to the deepest recesses of the mind when they read the international one.
---

Bookstores and libraries are havens for us book lovers and we tend to haunt their sacred halls when searching for a book that we'd like to read. There are various types of bookstores and libraries in the world - the collegiate, the coffee bar, the hangout, the sitting room and the playground... then, there's the floating one.

MV Doulos, which visited the country seven times since 1988, was the largest floating library in the world. There were somewhere between 3000 to 5000 books on the shelves. I visited it twice and I browsed for about two hours and only came to buy a Nancy Drew book that I was forever searching in local bookstores. Sadly, those visits were the last ones I've had since the ship was decommissioned.

But don't worry (and here's the actual news) MV Logos Hope is here! Following the footsteps of MV Doulos as the largest floating bookfair in the world, the ship is currently here in the Philippines on her maiden voyage.

The book fair on board Logos Hope offers an expanded selection of over 5,000 books at affordable prices. They cover a range of subjects including science, sports, hobbies, cookery, the arts, medicine, dictionaries, languages, and philosophy. With children’s titles, academic texts, dictionaries, atlases and more, the book fair is something the whole family can enjoy. Additionally, the rest of the Visitor Experience Deck is also open for the public to explore. From the Welcome Area, which introduces the new vessel through a short movie and interactive displays, to the International Café, which has ice cream, drinks and snacks for sale, there is sure to be something for everyone.

Source: The Philippine Star


For those interested to visit, the ship is docked at Pier 15, Berth 4, South Harbor, Manila. Open hours are from 10 am to 9:30 pm, Tuesdays to Saturdays and 1 pm to 9:30 pm on Sundays. The ship will be here until March 13. Tickets are sold at P20. Children can get in for free.

---
And now for the international news...

J.K. Rowling is going to publish a new novel...

...for adults.

The title and the publication date is yet to be announced. However, you can visit the author's official site to sign-up for further announcements.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]