Waiting on Wednesday (34)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.









The Pledge
by Kimberly Derting
Expected Publication: November 15, 2011

Synopsis from Goodreads:
In the violent country of Ludania, the language you speak determines what class you are, and there are harsh punishments if you forget your place—looking a member of a higher class in the eye can result in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina (Charlie for short) can understand all languages, a dangerous ability she’s been hiding her whole life. Her only place of release is the drug-filled underground club scene, where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. There, she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy who speaks a language she’s never heard, and her secret is almost exposed. Through a series of violent upheavals, it becomes clear that Charlie herself is the key to forcing out the oppressive power structure of her kingdom….
---
I can't remember how I came to know about this book... Hmmm... Maybe it was one of those times I was prowling around the blogs or something.  But I do know that I've read a book by Kimberly Derting before and that was The Body Finder; though I have yet to read its sequel.

Anywhoo, as soon as I read the word language in the synopsis I was sold. Always, always wanted to be a polyglot.
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Okay, this looks really interesting. This is by far the most interesting book I have seen on WoW. Maybe because it's not Clockwork Prince or Insurgent.

    I'm saving this so I can order the book soon. I love when I discover new books on WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome book choice, this one looks really interesting. I will have to watch for it when it comes out. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also your blog design looks awesome and I am a new follower. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this sounds like a totally fascinating book. Imagine what living in that kind of a world would be like? *shudder* The author has definitely set up a situation where something must be done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have an eGalley of this from Simon & Schuster's Galley Grab and I hope I can get around to read this one soon. This books sounds amazing. :)

    Great pick,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one pre-ordered and cannot wait to get my hands on it. I will be reading it as soon as it comes. great pick1

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one really captures my excitement...it's a bit reminiscent of dystopian novels like The Handmaid's Tale, but in a different way. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! The Pledge sounds great I also can't wait to get my hands on it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I featured this a couple weeks ago! It looks really good!

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard really good things about this book! I'm starting to get really interested in it! Good choice~

    Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh! i did a review of this book today! for my WOW! stop by and check it out, i promise you will love this book :)

    i follow you here!


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-review-of-pledge.html

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.