Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

...Or 'unfinished writing attempts' 


Broken

Drip. Drip. Drip.

It was overwhelmingly quiet. And to me, it was nothing short of a miracle when you are living with three screaming girls; and when I am in my element (read: temper) I shout as well. Hmmm... maybe they were all at school now.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

And by the sound of it, Crissy forgot to tighten the faucet again. Sigh. Of course, they did not bother to wake me up. 

Oh wait. I opted not to go to school today, haven’t I? I am not in the mood to confront that arrogant person today- - or was it yesterday?

Drip. Drip. Drip.

No. It was not right. That was months ago, when we had not understood our own selves.

What’s happening?

Drip. Drip.Drip.

I tried to open my eyes but they were heavy. My head throbbed – man, killer headache. I tried to move my fingers. Wiggle. Guess they were okay. 

I tried to open my eyes again... everything was fuzzy as my eyes adjusted and focused, trying to capture the faint light that managed to illuminate this place.... where am I?

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I struggled to sit up, my head was like being pounded by a thousand hammers and my body felt black and blue all over. Relax. Look around your environment and methodically analyze the situation.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

There was a faint trickle of water coming from the right side, making its way down the jagged edges of rocks. It’s too dark to see anything else.

I made a sweeping motion with my hand and fire erupted from nowhere above my head, yet as I did so my hand brushed against something soft on the ground. Startled, I looked down.

Beloved.

I gave out a sigh of relief that I was not alone in this place. I traced the side of his face, felt the gentle tickle of his steady breath against my fingers.

I sighed again – thank the gods he was alright.

Yet, it was all too confusing. How did we end up here?

I closed my eyes and summoned those elusive memories; I knitted my brows, concentrated and...

I watched in horror as the world exploded around me as the catalyst was activated – the power that was built inside from the anger and sadness of a thousand years.

And as I helped my friends stem the first wave of the onslaught, as I helplessly watched as one by one, each was swept by the force, as I witnessed one of my seal sisters release her pain, as I intertwined my fingers with his...

As I opened my eyes, my consciousness in the cave again, I realized--

I should have seen it coming.

Drip. Drip. Drip.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]