Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Series: Chronicles of Narnia
Directed by: Michael Apted
Written by: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Michael Petroni (screenplay) based on the novel of the same name by C. S. Lewis
Release Date: December 9, 2010
Starring: George Henley, Skandar Keynes, Ben Barnes, Will Poulter, Liam Neeson
---
Plot summary from IMDB:
Lucy and Edmund Pevensie return to Narnia with their cousin Eustace where they meet up with Prince Caspian for a trip across the sea aboard the royal ship The Dawn Treader. Along the way they encounter dragons, dwarves, merfolk, and a band of lost warriors before reaching the edge of the world.
---
For me, I don't mind the writers and the director borrowing elements from The Silver Chair. God knows, the book (Voyage of the Dawn Treader) doesn't really translate well to the big screen. But then, I really wanted Lord Bern to be the one who rescued them by virtue of being, well, rich. Instead, I got a cowering prisoner...

Did anyone feel it though? That sense of detachment? I really can't put it to words... You see, when I watched the first two movies, there was a connection between the audience and the story that was unfolding on the screen. But here there was none. It was like: okay they did this and they did that.

As for the characters, still spot-on performances for George Henley and Skandar Keynes. But, I did not hear any accent from Ben Barnes (at least to me); I know, I know, he's been in Narnia for three years already and would've lost the accent but really it (the accent) was quite...

The one that I applaud here (and the one saving grace) was Eustace Scrubb (whom one of the moviegoers behind my friends and me called Useless - it rhymes). Ah, Will Poulter, you were singularly brilliant! 

Will there be another movie after this? I don't know. Maybe. But, I doubt if I'm going to watch it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]