Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Friday Firsts is a weekly meme started by Allison at Well-Read Reviews.
---
The first line can make or break a reader's interest.  Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence?  To participate in this weekly book meme is extremely easy.
  • Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.
  • Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.
  • Create a blog post with this information.  (Make sure to include the title & author of the book you are using.  Even an ISBN helps!)
  • Did this first sentence help draw you into the story?  Why or why not?
---

PENITENCE
by Jennifer Laurens

I was awake.
---
Most people will go: "Huh?" True, there's not much to be excited about this one particular sentence but I DON'T CARE!

I loved reading the first book, Heavenly.  I loved it so much that I neglected my paper which is due tomorrow and continued reading through the night; and by the end of it, I was too sleepy to mind about the paper.  That's why I'm screwed. LOL.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]