Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Green
by Laura Peyton Roberts
Publication Date: January 12, 2010
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
ISBN-10: 0385735588
ISBN-13: 978-0385735582

Synopsis from Amazon:
Turning thirteen starts off with a bang for Lily. Literally. A birthday present explodes on her porch . . . and soon after a trio of leprechauns (yes, leprechauns) appears in her bedroom. They whisk her away to a land of clover, piskies, a new friend, a cute boy, and lots of glimmering, glittering gold. A world of Green.

It turns out that Lily, like her grandmother before her, is next in line to be keeper for the Clan of Green, and in charge of all their gold. That is, if she passes three tests. And she has to pass them. Because if she doesn’t she may never get to go home again. She’ll be stuck with the Greens.
---
I know, I know - this book was aimed at readers eight years my junior. But hey! I read anything and everything as long as it captures my attention and imagination.

And this did.  I mean - Leprechauns!

I assumed when reading the first chapters that Lily would just be somewhat of a special girl that happen to be a keeper of leprechauns because she was a Friend.  Just like Frodo was an Elf-friend and just as Paige Matthews (from the TV series, Charmed) had this weird fan base among the leprechaun community.  But I didn't expect for her to be special in THE way she was in the book!

This is the first time I read about someone having leprechaun blood.  I was shocked of course and a little dubious, though it is still cool to be the keeper of all that gold, have a place you can escape to and have good luck your entire life -  not to mention a hefty allowance.

Still, a good read but seriously - leprechauns?  I need a few hours to get acclimated to the idea.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Waiting on Wednesday, but I just had to comment on this review because the book seemed so unusual and I appreciated your take on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]