Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Book Haul is a feature post which showcases some of the books that I got.
I am so behind my reading that I've reduce the number of books in my reading challenge. BUT I'm still behind. 

I had the longest reading-books slump ever! I would open a book, read a few lines, then go back to perusing fanfiction archives. That, reading epic-long fanfictions, I had no problem with.

However, I am now back to reading books; getting over the slump slow and steady. *cross fingers*
The Girl with the Red Balloon
The Balloonmakers #1
Katherine Locke
Expected Publication: September 1, 2017
Genre: YA Historical, Fantasy
ARC from NetGalley
When sixteen-year-old Ellie Baum accidentally time-travels via red balloon to 1988 East Berlin, she’s caught up in a conspiracy of history and magic. She meets members of an underground guild in East Berlin who use balloons and magic to help people escape over the Wall—but even to the balloon makers, Ellie’s time travel is a mystery. When it becomes clear that someone is using dark magic to change history, Ellie must risk everything—including her only way home—to stop the process.
The color red really grabs your attention. So much so that you click request even before you read the book description. Needless to say, this is one of my anticipated books. I've never read a book in the time of the Cold War before, so this will be a new experience for me. 
For the Bookshelves

The Sky Phantom (Nancy Drew #53) by Carolyn Keene
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick
Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor

I am six books away from completing the first 64 yellow, hardbound Nancy Drew books. I would like to get the rest all in on go but the price of those books went up like two times in the last year or so. WTF happened? Still, if there are more sales, I'd be able to finally complete my collection.

I have The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet and Welcome to Night Vale in ebook forms but I wanted physical copies of them. I buy hardcopies of books if I really wanted them for my collection... (bookshelves, groaning under the weight of their burden, shouted: "LIAR!")
For My Kindle

The Dragonslayer's Sword (Dragonslayer #1) by Resa Nelson
The Pursual (Nome Chronicles #1) by F.F. John

Born of Earth (Elemental Origins #3) by A.L. Knorr
City of Skies (Viking Assassin #1) by Farah Cook
A Slice of Paradise Cozy Mystery by Nancy McGovern and Cyra Bruce
Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser #1) by Meghan Ciana Doidge

Better Off Wed (Annabelle Archer #1) by Laura Durham
Fairy-Struck (Twilight Court #1) by Amy Sumida
Hidden (Marchwood Vampire #1) by Shalini Boland
Loved by the Dragon (Loved by the Dragon #1-3) by Vivienne Savage
What's the best book you've read so far this year?

Ayanami Faerudo

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy them all! The Girl with the Red Balloon is on my TBR list. It sounds delightfully strange.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of interesting books you got there! The Girl with the Red Balloon looks really interesting!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet is one on my tbr pile. I hear the YouTube episodes are fun too. Enjoy your haul.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]