Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Jamie of the Perpetual Page Turner have been doing this for six years! This is the first time I've participated; and I think this is a great way to look back.
Number of Books Read | Number of Re-Reads | Genre You Read the Most From

I've read less than the number of books than I did last year. *sigh* It's okay, right? My goal for each year is to read a hundred books - that's the minimum. I did that. That does not count the various fanfiction I've read and I read a lot of fanfiction. No re-reads this year. 


1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Hands down, The Others series by Anne Bishop. You can't fathom the jaw-dropping awe I have for this series!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? 


The Young Elites by Marie Lu
The protagonist is on her way to being a villain. 

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

I've been singing praises about The Others by Anne Bishop and recommended it to my friends. I don't really know if they read it yet.

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best series started: The Others by Anne Bishop
Best Sequel: Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
Best Series Ender: The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

Charlie N. Holmberg
I read her Paper Magician series this year and I was impressed with her writing.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

I didn't read outside of my comfort zone this year.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The red just drew me in.

11. Most memorable character of 2015?


12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
The philosophical passages in this one!

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
Live your life as if everyone will discover what you do and who you are. If no one holds your secrets, there's nothing to compel you to make choices that are not your own. -Changing Nature by April White
Happy? That doesn’t feel solid enough, somehow. Like it’s fleeting or transient, and whenever something crappy happens, it’s gone in a puff of smoke. I’m in love with someone I want to spend my life getting to know. He makes me feel safe and trusted and strong and beautiful, and all the things that give me validation that who I am is someone worth knowing. I guess it feels more bliss than happiness. - Changing Nature by April White
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

None....???

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Fairfax and Titus!
Elemental Trilogy by Sherry Thomas

Gansey and Blue!
Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Leonie and Korren from Girl of Myth and Legend
Their circumstances is like she's the master and he's the guard/pet. Korren hates Leonie's kind because they enslaved his people. BUT as the book progressed they just... you have to read their conversations. They don't have a romantic relationship in this book but clues are pointing in that direction in future novels.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

I loved the Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop that's why when I heard about her recent series, The Others and read the reviews, I had to read it.

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
ACoTaR
Peer pressure, man. Everyone was reading it.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Simon (The Others)
Korren (Girl of Myth and Legend)
The Prince Impostor (The Starriest Summer)

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

If I say Dragon Age: World of Thedas, I feel like I'd be cheating because those volumes are basically a compendium of everything about Thedas. So, I choose The Others, The Immortal Heights and ACoTaR.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
"Lizzie..." he sighed, leaning down to kiss my shoulder. "Come back to bed."

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

Out of frustration?

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
I can't remember where I first heard/read about this series. I liked it well enough that I've read through till the fourth book and the novella after that. It's good, guys. It's good.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The inhuman noise I made when I finished the book... My poor dog.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
The Raven Boys & The Others
I just can't forget the whimsy, the otherworldly quality of storytelling in these books.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Ahem.... What did you do to Theron!?!


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015? 


...when I find someone who's not into love triangles as I do. And I just love her reviews.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?


3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

Not this year. Discussion posts are what I'm going to work on this coming year.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

For those of us who can't go to BEA physically. T^T

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

When a friend exasperatedly exclaimed that I have too many books in the house. Wahahahahaha!

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

The all-too-familiar reading slumps - I had more than a couple this year. Reading actual books, rather; I was still reading fanfiction but my TBR pile was eyeing me with this woe-is-me/death glare.

Second, managing my review books. 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My reviews. XD

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?


10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I annually set a goal of a hundred books to read and I reached it. Yay!


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
2. Book(s) You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)? 
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? 
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016? 
I haven't read books two and three so that I could read the rest of the series in one go!

5. One Thing(s) You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016? 
  • Expand the blog. Grow! Develop!
  • More discussion posts... Keep things interesting and voice out my opinions about bookish stuff
  • Movie reviews. More movie reviews.
  • Monetize it. Sort of.
  • Grow my network. This is on my list every year!
  • Instagram. Pinterest. Facebook Page.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Gripping action and danger, consequences left and right, lives on the line, mistakes and bittersweet moments, that is what I found inside this book.
Whew! That was long! 
So... are we drift compatible?
What are the books that you loved this year? Books you hated? The ultimate OTP ever!?! Your bookish wish?
Ayanami Faerudo

1 comment:

  1. YES! I started The Others series this year and I love it!! Can't wait for The Raven King! Going to do a re-read of the series in anticipation. Great year in books!

    My 2015 Survey!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]