Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Stardust of Yesterday
De Piaget #11
Lynn Kurland
Genre: Adult, Romance, Paranormal
Inheriting a castle--and a ghost to go with it--Genevieve Buchanan finds herself falling in love with the spectre of Kendrick de Piaget, an arrogant thirteenth-century knight.
He was wearing [only] oven mitts. 

I must’ve looked like a loon while I laughed my butt off when I read this part. I would’ve ended up rolling on the floor still laughing if I wasn’t cooking dinner. Well, I stopped at that part and couldn’t for the life of me stop laughing. Every time I paused, I would just imagine that man in all his glory wearing oven mitts and it would set me off again. I darned near burn my noodles. Oh, I haven’t laughed like that in months! The people in the house looked at me like I was a loon. 

Oven mitts. 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 

The romance aside (and Kendrick was very romantic), there were some things that made me frown although it didn’t come to mind till three-fourths into the story. The most important perhaps is the fact that Genevieve, after falling in love with Kendrick, haven’t so much as thought about her dreams of being an accomplished restoration artist. She had a thriving business (before Kendrick demolished her reputation) which she spent eight years building and then she forgot about it? She haven’t mentioned it after she confronted Kendrick about what he did and all was forgiven. Then again, she and Kendrick did talk about her dreams and made plans about setting up shoppe in the hall of Seakirk Keep. Perhaps she still will.


Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]