Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

It's day 13 & 14 of BookBlogWriMo!

If anyone doesn't know about BookBlogWriMo then... well, it just started this year. Hosted by Brittany of Book BumblingsBookBlogWriMo is a "a lax version of NaNoWriMo for book bloggers. [There are] prompts for each day, discussing different topics around books, blogging, and books + blogging."

Yep, doing the two-days-in-one-post since the topics for both days are linked.

The topics are: blogging process & rating system.
Do you write your review the second you finish the book? Months later? Take notes as you read? A lot of blogs have ratings policies or systems. Some don’t, but they really do. What makes you decide how many stars to give?
Depending on the book (and the feels I got from reading it), sometimes I write my review immediately and air everything I thought about it whether good or bad. This usually happens when the book is either stupendously awesome or rotting bad. I have a lot of words to say when a book is bad, pointing out every flaw that I perceive. On the other hand, I don't have enough words to describe a book when it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I resort to flailing, fangirling and the use of GIFs.

There also comes a time that I have to consider things first before putting thoughts into words. I would open up a new document and make phrases or bullet-pointed sentences to engage my thought processes. Then, I would formally make coherent paragraphs out of them.

But I do rate the books quickly. This is the easy part. Every book starts with five points -or apples, if we're keeping to my blog. Then, as my reading progresses, the book will either stay on that pedestal, go down a notch, climb the ladder again or simply crash and burn. This trick of initially rating something full marks was borrowed from a college professor. Everything has a potential to be great but not everything finishes with magnificence.
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]