Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Better Homes and Hauntings
Molly Harper
Genre: Adult Paranormal 
When Nina Linden is hired to landscape a private island off the New England coast, she sees it as her chance to rebuild her failing business after being cheated by her unscrupulous ex. She never expects that her new client, software mogul Deacon Whitney, would see more in her than just a talented gardener. Deacon has paid top dollar to the crews he’s hired to renovate the desolate Whitney estate—he had to, because the bumps, thumps, and unexplained sightings of ghostly figures in nineteenth-century dress are driving workers away faster than he can say “Boo.”

But Nina shows no signs of being scared away, even as she experiences some unnerving apparitions herself. And as the two of them work closely together to restore the mansion’s faded glory, Deacon realizes that he’s found someone who doesn’t seem to like his fortune more than himself—while Nina may have finally found the one man she can trust with her bruised and battered heart.

But something on the island doesn’t believe in true love…and if Nina and Deacon can’t figure out how to put these angry spirits to rest, their own love doesn’t stand a ghost of a chance.
What I liked about Better Homes and Hauntings was having a love interest who, despite the requisite wealthy status, was a geek at heart, socially awkward and was not oozing an in-your-face-sex-appeal. Deacon was adorkable and made me laugh. He complemented Nina's personality perfectly and vice versa. Actually, their romance was adorable, unlike all those hot, hot, hot, cracklings-in-the-air sexual tension that's present in some, if not most, novels. Not that I am averse to the hot, hot, hot, cracklings-in-the-air sexual tensions, Nina and Deacon were just cute.

The mystery behind the hauntings in Crane's Nest was kind of straightforward at first but it wasn't long(when Dotty came in) that I knew that something was not right with the picture. I guessed that Gerald didn't kill Catherine, that Jack did it instead. And I was right.

My mind automatically corrects the title to Better Homes and Gardens. Maybe that's how this book got my attention, it's title. I love looking at pictures in these kinds of magazines, looking at those tastefully designed rooms, getting ideas on what my future home would look like. Ah goodness, to take a tour at Crane's Nest and see for myself the gilded grandeur of house. I have this preference for houses with history and would like my own to be as functionally and tastefully rustic, with modern comforts and a wild garden. I better end here before I segue to posting my collection of dream home pictures.
Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]