Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Ever Shade
Dark Faerie Tale  #1
Alexia Purdy
A dark twist on Faeries. 

For Shade, a chance meeting with a powerful Teleen faery warrior who wields electrical currents and blue fires along his skin has her joining him on a treacherous mission for the good Seelie Faerie Court across the land of Faerie. Magic and malice abound and nothing is what it really seems to be.


The evil Unseelie Queen and her treacherous allies are round every corner as Shade makes her way across the breathtaking landscapes of the world of Faerie, which exists alongside the mundane human world. Shade discovers her own uncharted magic and meets some of the most powerful warriors in Faerie while battling evil dryads, conniving Teleen guards and challenges on her life with every step in a world where nothing can be taken for granted.
Ever Fire
Dark Faerie Tale #2
Alexia Purdy
Magic & Fire burn...

The Serenity of the Land of Faerie is threatened as the Unseelie Queen Aveta rages war against the three remaining Seelie Realms of Faerie. As Shade's powers grow, she finds she is running out of time to keep the war from spilling into the human world. Winter is growing in strength as the evil Queen's horrifying legions scar the land in their frigid wake. No one is safe. Shade becomes enemy number one for the Unseelie legions. Questioning her true role of power, Shade discovers the cost of winning may come at a much higher price than she ever imagined.

The first book  was  not that bad but not good either. It does not warrant a 2-apples rating/straddling the fence though since I quite liked it in my own way. There were parts though that reminded me of the Iron King. 

Furthermore, book one reads like half a book and not quite a whole one where everything is expanded and lovingly developed, and ended quite abruptly with a cure-all magic water that let's you wish anything with it. It's not really very original with all the dark twist on faeries tagline since it's been done and over with.

I wanted to  see if  it's going to get better in the second book  like it did with  the ho-hum-beginnings of some series I've read like Gallagher  Girls and the Spirit  Guide series. 

But I was  wrong. It got worse. So much  that if it weren't  for it being  read on my iPad I would've thrown it at the wall. I was rolling my eyes and cringing. I was yelling for it to get  better! Clean up the material! 

Do you ever get the feeling that so many things happened but nothing happened at all? The characters were moving, things happen, a handy teleporter, brief meetings and appearances, what the heck was that for? parts... but it hardly ever nudged the story at all. Do you get what I mean?

In the end, I gave  up. I did finish the second book  and although I gave the first book three apples because of my reading mood last night, it could not save itself from me giving a final rating of one apple. Suffice to say that I'm not reading the rest of the series.
Ayanami Faerudo

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this series disappointed you so much! Love your apple rating system (although I'm so hungry now! No dinner yet).

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]