Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Insight
Insight #1
Jamie Magee
Before that fateful summer night, Willow had balanced the insight of emotion, and the vivid images. That night, the figure in her nightmare marked her wrist with a star, giving her father no choice but to tell Willow a family secret that would abruptly change life, as she knew it, forever. Before Willow had time to absorb the shock of her father's secret, her soul mate that had shared every stunning dream with her, found her, and darkness captured her closest friends. In order to save them, she must weave through broken myths and the undeniable power of the Zodiac. In the end, Willow discovers that at the moment of our birth we are all given a divine gift.


Well, I don't really relish instalove but as I said before, there are exceptions that I made when circumstances and how it was told were perfect. Although, I dare say that Willow's and Landen's "love" were not "instantaneous" at all. I can't seem to explain my criteria of the whole instalove situation but when I read Willow's and Landen's love story I knew that it was somewhat right in a way. But then I must admit that other than the connection and the love between them, their relationship was not explored further nor was given another dimension. Was it enough that that was the only thing shown between them? There are five more books in the series so far and I might find more depth there.

Other aspects were also missing and needed to be explained. I really didn't understand well the whole other dimensions, string-travel, find-your-soul mate-in-another-dimension thing. It was like looking at the ground where you know seeds were planted, anticipating their growth and finding a small stalk here and there. 

Nevertheless, I liked this book very much what with six straight hours of reading. That's telling you something, isn't it?


Ayanami Faerudo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]