Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
---

The Oathbreaker's Shadow
Amy McCulloch
Expected Publication: June 4, 2013

Book Description

Fifteen-year-old Raim lives in a world where you tie a knot for every promise that you make. Break that promise and you are scarred for life, and cast out into the desert.

Raim has worn a simple knot around his wrist for as long as he can remember. No one knows where it came from, and which promise of his it symbolises, but he barely thinks about it at all—not since becoming the most promising young fighter ever to train for the elite Yun guard. But on the most important day of his life, when he binds his life to his best friend (and future king) Khareh, the string bursts into flames and sears a dark mark into his skin.

Scarred now as an oath-breaker, Raim has two options: run, or be killed.

A gripping YA action-adventure fantasy, the first part of a planned duology.
The first thing I noticed about this book is the cover, particularly the boy on the cover. See the clothes he's wearing? It reminded me of the clothes worn by Korra from the series, Avatar: The Legend of Korra. I thought, Is he her son? *laughs out loud* I just attributed the red scarf as the one from Mako. 

To be honest, I sighed in relief when this is going to be just a duology. No drawing out of things. I just hope it properly delivers in just two books.

Ayanami Faerudo

6 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds amazing! I haven't even heard of it yet either! Thanks for the feature I'm adding it to my tbr pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very exciting...thanks for sharing! Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting premise! I will check this one out, thanks for the suggestions. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting! I haven't heard of it, but it sounds good. I like the name Raim, too!

    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover for this and it sounds pretty good. I've never seen or heard of this one until today! Thanks for sharing

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSSS this one sounds AMAZING! I can't wait for it to come out.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]