Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Torrent
final book in the River of Time series
by Lisa T. Bergren

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series.

Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times.   But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.  
---

I remember saying in a TBRIC post that I would not immediately read the third book after I finished Cascade since I did plan to do other things that day. But I wanted to know what happened next and I didn't want to go all day obsessing about it. Therefore, I just shrugged and said: What the heck, it's only one more book.

My only grief with Gabi was her desire to stay in Marcello's time. I know it was all in the name of love but all I thought, whenever the subject of whether to stay or not was being discussed, was What about the consequences to the space-time continuum? I also understood that they were there because they were meant to be there bit... but they did not really know for sure if it was the case. They were just guessing and playing with time is always a big risk. It was a little bit selfish. But thinking all this space-time business with its holes, pathways and inception gave me a headache; and while it did nag me for a while it did not detract from my enjoyment of the whole nove-- no-- the whole series.

One other thing.

What happened? The book concluded when the fighting was over, Siena victorious and everyone in the infirmary. Yet, I wondered what happened after - an epilogue of sorts. It was like I was left hanging. On the bright side, I could always imagine my own epilogue where they did live happily ever after (despite the Black Plague looming in the horizon).

I enjoyed it, I really did. The action and adventure were nonstop and excitement was always around the corner. Lisa Bergren delivered a fantastic conclusion to the River of Time series. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]