Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Shattered
first book in the Dream Realms trilogy
by Sophia Sharp

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Laura Cubus was perfectly content with her life. A junior in high school, she felt perfectly normal. She had good friends, a great family, and did well in school. Nothing particularly exciting ever happened where she lived, and everything was stable.
But that all drastically changes when a new student arrives at Laura's school. Wild rumours swirl about his past, and Laura becomes determined to find out the truth.
As she gets to know the mysterious student, he shares with her an ancient secret... one that may yet put both of them in grave danger.
And for the first time in her life, Laura is exposed to a completely unfamiliar world. She is swept away on an exhilarating journey that takes to a place where romance and great destiny may yet await... and where supernatural powers run rampant.
Shattered is a teen romance / paranormal romance, and is the first book of the Dream Realms Trilogy.
---
I started reading a new trilogy again. 

When I first got the book I put it in the "mixed category" wherein most of the material mentions different kinds of paranormal and is not entirely devoted to any particular creature. The first two chapters in and my mind was hearing alarm bells Twilight alert! Twilight alert! The situation really reminded me of Twilight but ,here, it was the boy who was the new kid in town. Further in, what do you know, it really was about vampires (called the Vassiz here) but my mind was entirely wrong about the Twilight presumption. It was unlike Twilight and I liked it.

For one, the heroine was not some weak creature, all emotionally helpless and Logan was not an emo being with extreme emotional range - and both characters were not unhealthily obsessed with each other.

And that was one other thing I liked about the book: no deep, heart-wrenching, over-the-moon, explosive, love-at-first-sight romance. There was an attraction, yes, and they were close but not close - I think their relationship will be explored more in the next book (which I would read after I finally finish Juliet Immortal).

The plot was familiar and was in the same vein as most YA paranormal stories but the elements there actually added to the large repertoire of the vampire mythology and I quite liked it.

So long story short, I liked the book and I would continue to read the rest of the trilogy and I suspect that I would finish them by the end of this week  .




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]