Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
---
The Timekeeper
sequel to Timeless
by Alexandra Monir
Expected Publication: 2012

Sneak peek from the author's site:
What if I'm the only one who remembers?

What if it's just me who feels the missing touch, hears the sound of laughter long gone, and sees the two of us in a forgotten New York? He looks through me, his expression unfazed and innocent--and it's that ambivalence that cuts like a knife. Could he be playing a role...or did he actually forget me?

I can't look away from the nauseating scene-Philip at the lunch table beside the notoriously flirty Jessica Morgan, his unmistakable blue eyes sparkling as they share a joke. He breaks into that signature smile of his, and for the first time, I find it heartbreaking. But then, isn't that always the case with a smile--when you know it's not meant for you?

I wish I could stop this speeding train of jealousy, but I can't help it, it hurts so much I want to bleed. To have him back, just as he promised-but not remember what we once were? It's as though Time is playing a particularly cruel game.

And then, his glance meets mine. I've been caught staring, but I hold my gaze. And so does he. I catch Jessica touching his arm, trying to regain his focus, but he looks at me longer than he should before turning back to his lunch date.

It's a small victory, but I savor it. He can't have forgotten me completely...
---
I was updating my book list and was checking for sequels and release dates earlier this week. And I discovered a lot of time adjustments and news of sequels. *squee* One example is this week's WoW.

I completely fell in love with Timeless (see my review). And while I was sad that Michele and Philip did not get together at the end of that book, the last bit gave me hope that there would be a sequel to look forward to...
---
Oh yes! Have you heard? April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and I, here @ Whatever You Can Still Betray are hosting a weekly challenge/hop that would get us through our TBR Piles! This is a weekly challenge meme that will take place every Saturday and would officially start on October 15!


For more information please refer to this post - TBR Intervention Challenge.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the sound of this one! Awesome blurb...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Timeless yet I have been meaning to though.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw! This sounds really good. I guess I have to go back and read the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]