Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Series: Harry Potter
Directed by: David Yates
Written by: Steve Cloves (screenplay) based on the novel of the same name written by J. K. Rowling
Release Date: July 13, 2011 (international), July 15, 2011 (US and UK)
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson
---

Plot Summary from IMDB:
The final chapter begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest of finding and destroying the Dark Lord's three remaining Horcruxes, the magical items responsible for his immortality. But as the mystical Deathly Hallows are uncovered, and Voldemort finds out about their mission, the biggest battle begins and life as they know it will never be the same again.

---
They went at it in a different way... I promise these are the kindest words that I can give after I went out of the theater with conflicting feelings:

One, I was sad that it's the last of the Harry Potter movies BUT it will NEVER be the end of Harry Potter! Never! J.K. Rowling has created a wonderful, enchanting world that compelled millions of kids to read again. And WE, students of Hogwarts no matter what House we are in, will continue to keep the magic alive.

Second, and this is with regards to the movie itself.... WHAT DID THEY DO TO IT!?! The scenes I mean. It was totally from the director's perspective - they jumbled the scenes, cut some scenes and added extra scenes... it just went askew. I never expected it to wholly follow the book but at least give it a bit of fairy dust and streamline it and not just cut-to-this-scene, cut-to-that-scene. I was looking forward to the backflash scene where Aberforth told the trio the story about his sister Ariana. I would've love to see Grindelwald (eekk! Jace!) and a younger Dumbledore; and the duel between Molly Weasley and Bellatrix! Ah! That would've been epic. There was a duel between them in the movie but it felt like it was just an insert or something. And the the final duel... it was okay... but, yeah. I really would not have mind even if it ran for three hours. I really wouldn't. This IS the last Harry Potter movie so let it ALL OUT.

Now that that has been out of the way... Third, the standout characters for me were Bellatrix Lestrange (ha! Hermione-Bellatrix!) and Severus Snape. Always, always phenomenal. And Neville Longbottom, you shined!

Fourth, I love, love the soundtrack. The Harry Potter movies' OSTs are always so good! What can I say I love musical scores.

Fifth, except for THAT issue I griped lengthily above, it has fantastic cinematography, brilliant characters and such. It did not burst in fireworks for me, but it truly was a GOOD movie. It may end here but:

"Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."- J.K. Rowling 

For now, mischief managed.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree. This was another poor movie adaptation of an epic book.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]