Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I was gone from the blogosphere for nearly a week!

Last Thursday, October 28, was my mother's seventh death 'monthsary'. We, Filipinos, have this tradition wherein we commemorate the day of someone's death every month for a year. We say/recite prayers for the eternal repose of the soul and such. Well, since I am the only one who's able to cook a decent meal, I was really busy on that particular Thursday. And my friends got to try my tuna pasta and got fairly good reviews. 

Then, I went to the city for the weekend to have my teeth checked and my braces adjusted. From that dental appointment, I got back to the province with two new piercings through my gums.

And now, here I am, really sleepy since I woke up at around 1:30 am to catch my 4:00 am flight and endured five hours of butt-numbing road trip.

On to the things I brought back.


"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.
---

Hush, Hush #2: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


Blue Bloods #5: Misguided Angel by Melissa De La Cruz


Nightshade #1: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


---
And I missed Halloween! Well, not really, since we do not celebrate it here in the Philippines. But, we do have All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day on November 1 and November 2, respectively. I think it is similar to Mexico's Dia de los Muertos. I wonder if my grandmother will let me spend the night at the cemetery since there would be lots of people there (maybe a couple of my friends) and I can sleep on top of the tomb.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]